Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This news opens the door for Monte to say something, for whatever it is worth.

June 26, 2020 06:55PM avatar
The photo of the two coils tells me two things. One is that I see a 5X 9 1/2 looking coil, similar to what I have for the CoRe and Relic, and that is a very useful mid-sized coil that I really like. That's the only size I have for an XP ORX and I've been hoping for that size coil for one of my two Simplex + units.

The other coil shown is described has an H or 8 and 1/2 inch Double D. That would be a new size coil from this manufacturer. I know that the 9 inch concentric was, to me, too big a coil, plus it was two nose heavy especially due to the Moor rearward positioned Rod Mount point.

Going with this new round shaped 8 1/2 BB design I hope they properly located the rod Mount to be closer to Center. That would make this a very handy coil that would balance will and that means more comfortable to use. Additionally, due to the popularity of some manufacturers offering a 9 inch Double D coil I think if this is actually slightly smaller in diameter it might find more user appeal. Even to the point that I might even find a use for an eight and a half inch round Double D especially for urban coin hunting.

So at this point, none of us know for sure how well these coils are going to perform on the Simplex + until we actually get these coils mounted to a Simplex plus and put them to work the field. I look forward to doing so, and I honestly feel they should perform well.

That means one of my two wishes his being answered. And that is for us to have a decent size Quail offering that would be a midsize coil for Universal application that was smaller than the standard 11 inch coil.

What remains to be seen is will my second wish also be answered. Remember, I'm the guy who loves to hunt iron infested old sites, ghost towns, homesteads, and similar other early are a human use sites that abound with nails and other tightly scattered debris, and that's where I devote 90 or 95% of all my detecting effort.

That other wish I'm still holding out hope for is a 5 inch Double D coil. My top performing, get serious, Relic Hunting devices are my CoRe w/'OOR' DD and Relic w/5" DD, and I really believe the Simplex Plus could be an outstanding detector with a 5 in Double D coil. Fingers crossed.

I'm hoping to see these new coils arrive soon because I will be heading off on a three-state detecting jaunt in just the next two or three weeks. I look forward to be able to report back on how my simplex and I get along.

Best of success to everyone, especially if you have a simplex Plus

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Daily Use: Apex -- Vanquish 540 -- Racer 2 & Simplex + -- Bandido II ┬ÁMAX & Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX -- MX-7
Specialty Use: CoRe -- Relic -- XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Looks like the new Simplex coils started shipping. Attachments

Kickindirt 180 June 26, 2020 01:00PM

This news opens the door for Monte to say something, for whatever it is worth.

Monte 129 June 26, 2020 06:55PM

Re: This news opens the door for Monte to say something, for whatever it is worth. Attachments

SvenS 107 June 26, 2020 07:51PM

Re: This news opens the door for Monte to say something, for whatever it is worth.

Kickindirt 100 June 26, 2020 07:23PM

thumbs up ... thumbs up ... thumbs up ... thumbs up ... for value and performance, a very impressive detector. N/T

Monte 97 June 26, 2020 07:32PM

Re: Looks like the new Simplex coils started shipping. Any word on Concentric coils yet Joel?

Druid 126 June 26, 2020 03:32PM

Re: Looks like the new Simplex coils started shipping. Any word on Concentric coils yet Joel?

Kickindirt 113 June 26, 2020 04:06PM

DD coils only

SvenS 113 June 26, 2020 04:48PM

Re: Looks like the new Simplex coils started shipping.

Dan'o 116 June 26, 2020 01:58PM

Re: Looks like the new Simplex coils started shipping. Ha ha Dan

Kickindirt 104 June 26, 2020 04:17PM

SvenS 100 June 26, 2020 03:33PM

Druid 102 June 26, 2020 03:35PM

SvenS 100 June 26, 2020 03:39PM

Druid 99 June 26, 2020 03:55PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020