Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sven, 'Thank You' once again. Nice report.

July 20, 2020 03:41AM avatar
If the 8½" DD round-coil works well, to serve my needs as a 'general purpose' coil instead of the standard 11" DD, then it might stay on my 2nd Simplex +. It is the mid-sized 5X9½ DD that interests me the most for the places I usually hunt. Until we get an even smaller-size coil, if and when they make it, it is the 5X9½ DD elliptical coil that I think will fit my needs the best. Something good performance in trashier urban locations mainly, but also helpful as a 'scouting unit' for older sites, and hunting the fringe areas and places with limited ferrous debris.

The other reason is that I am thinning my detector group since I can't hunt for as long or as often as I used to, and I have the models I need for serious Relic Hunting, with my CoRe and Relic devices, and the others for Coin & Jewelry Hunting have smaller, round Concentric coils of 6" or 6½", and my other mid-size 5X8 DD on a Vanquish 540. S my Simplex units will add to the mid-size coil versatility ... plus being waterproof for freshwater beach work or when I might get caught in a rain shower.

I also like the fact that you also use a lower Disc. level setting buy notching out only the first Disc. segment. When I use Discrimination, and I usually don't in any of the four Disc. modes, I like to only reject the first segment. The first three span the '0' to '15' range which is the Ferrous Low-Tone ID range, and most common Iron Nails tend to have a read-out of '4' to maybe '5' and sometimes '3', so that first segment rejects a lot of the common Nails but is not excessive.

I look forward to how they handle being submersed when wading in your beach areas. Don't want buoyancy, but also wouldn't want them to b heavy for land-use, either.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Impact
Inca .. Bandido II µMAX .. Silver Sabre µMAX .. MX-5
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

First hunt with the new Simplex 9.5x5" searchcoil Attachments

SvenS 391 July 19, 2020 08:54PM

Simplex 9.5x5" searchcoil

UtahRich 250 July 20, 2020 06:16PM

Re: First hunt with the new Simplex 9.5x5" searchcoil

OregonGregg 251 July 20, 2020 08:56AM

Sven, 'Thank You' once again. Nice report.

Monte 272 July 20, 2020 03:41AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021