Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sven, 'Thank You' once again. Nice report.

July 20, 2020 01:41AM avatar
If the 8½" DD round-coil works well, to serve my needs as a 'general purpose' coil instead of the standard 11" DD, then it might stay on my 2nd Simplex +. It is the mid-sized 5X9½ DD that interests me the most for the places I usually hunt. Until we get an even smaller-size coil, if and when they make it, it is the 5X9½ DD elliptical coil that I think will fit my needs the best. Something good performance in trashier urban locations mainly, but also helpful as a 'scouting unit' for older sites, and hunting the fringe areas and places with limited ferrous debris.

The other reason is that I am thinning my detector group since I can't hunt for as long or as often as I used to, and I have the models I need for serious Relic Hunting, with my CoRe and Relic devices, and the others for Coin & Jewelry Hunting have smaller, round Concentric coils of 6" or 6½", and my other mid-size 5X8 DD on a Vanquish 540. S my Simplex units will add to the mid-size coil versatility ... plus being waterproof for freshwater beach work or when I might get caught in a rain shower.

I also like the fact that you also use a lower Disc. level setting buy notching out only the first Disc. segment. When I use Discrimination, and I usually don't in any of the four Disc. modes, I like to only reject the first segment. The first three span the '0' to '15' range which is the Ferrous Low-Tone ID range, and most common Iron Nails tend to have a read-out of '4' to maybe '5' and sometimes '3', so that first segment rejects a lot of the common Nails but is not excessive.

I look forward to how they handle being submersed when wading in your beach areas. Don't want buoyancy, but also wouldn't want them to b heavy for land-use, either.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Fisher F5; Garrett Apex; Minelab Vanquish 540; Nokta / Makro FORS CoRe, FORS Relic & Simplex +;
Teknetics T2+; Tesoro Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX; White's XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

First hunt with the new Simplex 9.5x5" searchcoil Attachments

SvenS 137 July 19, 2020 06:54PM

Simplex 9.5x5" searchcoil

UtahRich 81 July 20, 2020 04:16PM

Re: First hunt with the new Simplex 9.5x5" searchcoil

OregonGregg 85 July 20, 2020 06:56AM

Sven, 'Thank You' once again. Nice report.

Monte 92 July 20, 2020 01:41AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020