Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Simplex + worrks 'OK' with the 2.68 configuration, however .... consider going to the 2.77 update.

August 11, 2020 08:53AM avatar
I updated my irst Simplex + to 2.76 just a day or two before 2.77 was released, and just benefitting from the new Park 1 mode made it a terrific update. Then two months ago I bought my 2nd Simplex + from 'Kickindirt', my dealer friend, and it came with the 2.77 which provided the 'Mute' function which I like. It already had the enhanced Sensitivity addition in the 2.76 update.

When Nokta / Makro release a smaller-size coil, which is a desired need in the metal detecting industry, I'll likely upgrade my original unit to 2.77 and keep the smaller coil mounted on it. Currently I have the mid-size 5X9½ DD on my 2.77 outfitted Simplex + and am headed out to use it today, as a matter-of-fact.

Your original 2.68 version will work Okay, but I encourage the update to get the added Sensitivity and especially the added Park 1 mode. It's better, too, for USA coinage.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Daily Use: Apex -- Vanquish 540 -- Racer 2 & Simplex + -- Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX -- MX-7
Specialty Use: CoRe -- Relic -- XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Simplex update

BigDog 98 August 10, 2020 04:39PM

The Simplex + worrks 'OK' with the 2.68 configuration, however .... consider going to the 2.77 update.

Monte 80 August 11, 2020 08:53AM

Re: Simplex update

Kickindirt 81 August 10, 2020 04:58PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020