Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I have to agree with all points you mentioned.

September 13, 2020 11:46AM avatar
Definitely would like a smaller-size, round-shaped coil for the Simplex + The mid-sized 5X9½ DD is doing well, but some places are just too confined or too trashy, or both, and smaller would be great.

I want to see two or three coils available for their SMF when it gets time to bring it out to consumers. And a for-sure coil size would be a 5" or 6" but not larger than 6". Their 5" DD coils have been working great on the Relic, Racer 2, Impact and Anfibio Multi, so they ought to continue with a good-working size fortheir next model.

The round 11" coil standard with the Anfibio and Simplex + is a nice size coil for a wide-open beach or park or plowed field, but .... it is too large for a lot of people due to trashy conditions. I would really like to see a model introduced with a mid-size 5X9½ open-frame DD coil, then let consumers pick-and-chose a larger or smaller coil as desired.

One other thing I would like to see is a release of both a waterproof version, and a land-based version which could be made in a lighter-weight package, and take replaceable AA batteries (Alkaline or rechargeable NiMH). I don't regularly hunt beaches, but if I plan on it r an anticipated shower, I have the Simplex +. I land-hunt 99% of the time. I just sent out an e-mail to about 20 people trying to register on AHRPS and had some questions I ask for confirmation as I try to avoid or thin-out spammers.

One of the questions was asking if they Beach Hunted, and what percentage they might do. All the returned replies said they never beach hunt, they do not want a waterproof detector, and that's pretty much what I have heard from the majority of people I am in touch with. Most are land-based hunters and such a new model would be welcome.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Fisher F5; Garrett Apex; Minelab Vanquish 540; Nokta / Makro FORS CoRe, FORS Relic & Simplex +;
Teknetics T2+; Tesoro Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX; White's XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

The new Nokta Multi-Freaker search coils

SvenS 76 September 13, 2020 11:03AM

I have to agree with all points you mentioned.

Monte 52 September 13, 2020 11:46AM

Re: I have to agree with all points you mentioned.

SvenS 42 September 13, 2020 05:27PM

Re: I have to agree with all points you mentioned.

D&P-OR 41 September 13, 2020 05:50PM

We need a smaller coil for the Simplex +, and I'm sure Garrett will follow through for the Apex. N/T

Monte 32 September 13, 2020 07:33PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 62
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020