Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Follow-up comments & questions.

October 09, 2021 09:30PM
Monte
Hi Monte,
Today was threatening rain so I went for a 3 hour hunting trip with the Anfibio. Just local to home park/tot lot stuff as my arms and shoulders are quite fatigued from trimming a 10ft wide Cedar hedge yesterday and holding a 6ft long trimmer out at arms length for several hours will off a ladder will do that to a fellatongue sticking out smiley
The city built a new playground in the park nearest my house and miracle of miracles I dug not a single rotten zinc cent the whole time, imagine that! So Thankful that the government pulled the little pests out of circulation smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float
Was nice being out at sunrise and the weather held off, just starting to spit droplets as I packed it in.
Results:
$8.67 in pocket change &the predictable gew gaws one expects from the bark chips.
No jewelry todaysad smiley
I find the Anfibio a very competent detector with nice “easy” audio that is very understandable from the get go, being WP is a real plus on the “wet” coast.
Tomorrow, all being well I will be on the road to the “Big Smoke” I.e. Vancouver to hit some older parks with the CoRe.

FORS CoRe, preferred settings, ...

Listed below. Note the 'simplicity' of the CoRe. Other hand the common shared settings for Volume, Brightness, Vibrate, Depth Measurement and Language the Disc. Modes let you ajust Sensitivity and Disc. Rejection Point. ... Then you just get busy searching which is what you set out to do. smiling smiley

Can you set the CoRe for depth reading in inches? I didn’t see that in the operators manual while reading it last night.

... tips, tricks.
L
TIPS? Just the routine encouragement to:

** Use the best coil you have for the site environment and challenge.

If the weather Is okay I will be taking the 5x9 coil for scouting duty and the OOR for use in hot spots/heavy trash if encountered

** Don't get radical with adjustment settings.

** Use as much Sensitivity as you can while remaining stable.

Will do

** Use the least amount of Discrimination you can tolerate.

For park work I like to just accept immediately below nickel and some times just above small iron/nail range depending on what is the prevailing site conditions, for scouting I use the nickel setting & try to identify areas that merit close concentrated searching then drop down

** Work the search coil parallel with the ground and try to maintain a +/- 2" coil height from the ground.

Yep, always, coil control, sweep speed , maintain coil discipline at all times, when I start rushing or getting sloppy, take a break and regroup.

** Work the search coil in a slow and methodical sweep presentatio and remember to overlap.

Absolutely

** Don't ignore recovering those questionable target hits.

I find this part easy, I usually dig anything that seems out of the ordinary or just bugs me to find out what the heck it is

TRICKS? Again a routine encouragement to try and find new and potentially good sites to hunt.

Always scouting but the sad reality is my area isn’t a long settled region, other that Hudson’s Bay trade routes it only dates to the mid 1800’s barring potential sea coast contact sites with explorers. Not likely to find anything older that Queen Victoria coins and those are now very rare, even Edwardian and George V coinage is becoming scarce so any silver coin is a cause for celebration now.

Maiden voyage, (hunt), coming up shortly for coins, rings, etc in park/school setting.

All advice cheerfully acceptedsmiling smiley
Cheers,
Drew

I have, and still do, used my Nokia FORS devices for some of my urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting, but I have not used the standard 7X11 DD coil since back in 2015 and early '16. Most of my search time is spent working densely littered old sites, or in-town places that have very ample modern trash. Therefore, all I use are smaller-size search coils, or a mid-size coil in modestly littered places.

Learning a new detector means you need to also remain very patient and rest assured the FORS CoRe is a very capable detector.

Questions:

What search coils do you have? Out of curiosity, which make & model detector are you going to mainly be comparing it to?

I currently have the OOR, Nokta 5x9.5, the stock 11”, and a Mars 7” round coil for the CoRe, I need some lower rods however if you come across any...
Cheers, & many thanks for the reply,
Drew

Monte
Subject Author Views Posted

OregonGregg, Maestro Monte, Gentlemen if you please...

Druid 93 October 08, 2021 11:15AM

Settings

OregonGregg 55 October 10, 2021 11:51AM

Re: Settings After my first outing with CoRe....

Druid 34 October 11, 2021 12:18AM

Follow-up comments & questions.

Monte 51 October 09, 2021 06:05AM

Re: Follow-up comments & questions.

Druid 49 October 09, 2021 09:30PM

My saved settings for: FORS CoRe & FORS Relic.

Monte 46 October 09, 2021 02:43AM

Look forward to your report Drew. Good luck! N/T

Timbertodd 55 October 08, 2021 11:53AM

Re: OregonGregg, Maestro Monte, Gentlemen if you please...

Druid 56 October 08, 2021 07:30PM

Timbertodd 42 October 08, 2021 07:54PM

Druid 48 October 09, 2021 08:32PM

Timbertodd 40 October 10, 2021 04:26PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 35
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021