Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It's good to hear you're still working with the CoRe.

October 12, 2021 11:40AM avatar
Druid
Well I had another short outing with the CoRe at a school site & hunted with the 7” round Mars DD coil, Di 3 mode, Sens @ 70.

Thanks for the coil and settings information. I always enjoy knowing more details like that. Interesting because I have been using the FORS CoRe since January of 2015 and never had had a need to reduce the Sensitivity below '85' in the Di-3 Three-Tone mode. Always at my saved turn-on setting of '99', but twice I did need to back it down to '90' in a troubling EMI area were I lived before my move to Texas.

Druid
No particularly good digs came to light but happily I enjoyed much quieter audio, only chatty while digging with coil pointed away from ground.

Now I have to do some more testing to see if the quiet hunt was location or coil changethinking

It could have been a combination of both the detector/settings as well as the coil change. How does that 7" Mars coil balance and feel after a bit of hunt-time?

Druid
A pleasant couple of hours and another $8+ in change, getting a bit better handle on the machine’s language and I believe it’s a keeper.
Now to find a littered site in an old park or school and give the legendary OOR coil a whirl.

For me, the CoRe and Relic are definite 'keepers', and if you get into a challenging location, I think you'll enjoy that little 'OOR' DD coil. That's all I use on my FORS CoRe.

Druid
Anyone know a source for lower rods that are compatible with the FORS machines???

The Nokta FORS series and the Makro Racer and Racer 2 models all share the same lower and middle rods. I know I have at least one extra lower rod but I'll do some checking this evening when I get in my Accessory Coil Tote. I might have a couple of them, or maybe even three as I now recall. I sorted rods just a couple of weeks ago and know I have some, just how many I'll have to verify.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Impact .. Inca .. Bandido II µMAX .. Silver Sabre µMAX .. MX-5
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2021 10:19PM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

2nd CoRe foray better

Druid 72 October 11, 2021 10:16PM

It's good to hear you're still working with the CoRe.

Monte 44 October 12, 2021 11:40AM

Re: 2nd CoRe foray better

Druid 33 October 12, 2021 09:20PM

Might have some.---I'll check my stock tomorrow & see.----How much are they worth? N/T

D&P-OR 44 October 11, 2021 11:21PM

Not a clue? N/T

Druid 36 October 12, 2021 09:22AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 33
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021