Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It's good to hear you're still working with the CoRe.

October 12, 2021 11:40AM avatar
Druid
Well I had another short outing with the CoRe at a school site & hunted with the 7” round Mars DD coil, Di 3 mode, Sens @ 70.

Thanks for the coil and settings information. I always enjoy knowing more details like that. Interesting because I have been using the FORS CoRe since January of 2015 and never had had a need to reduce the Sensitivity below '85' in the Di-3 Three-Tone mode. Always at my saved turn-on setting of '99', but twice I did need to back it down to '90' in a troubling EMI area were I lived before my move to Texas.

Druid
No particularly good digs came to light but happily I enjoyed much quieter audio, only chatty while digging with coil pointed away from ground.

Now I have to do some more testing to see if the quiet hunt was location or coil changethinking

It could have been a combination of both the detector/settings as well as the coil change. How does that 7" Mars coil balance and feel after a bit of hunt-time?

Druid
A pleasant couple of hours and another $8+ in change, getting a bit better handle on the machine’s language and I believe it’s a keeper.
Now to find a littered site in an old park or school and give the legendary OOR coil a whirl.

For me, the CoRe and Relic are definite 'keepers', and if you get into a challenging location, I think you'll enjoy that little 'OOR' DD coil. That's all I use on my FORS CoRe.

Druid
Anyone know a source for lower rods that are compatible with the FORS machines???

The Nokta FORS series and the Makro Racer and Racer 2 models all share the same lower and middle rods. I know I have at least one extra lower rod but I'll do some checking this evening when I get in my Accessory Coil Tote. I might have a couple of them, or maybe even three as I now recall. I sorted rods just a couple of weeks ago and know I have some, just how many I'll have to verify.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now 'back home' in Farr West Utah
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Time Ranger Pro .. F75+ .. F19 .. Apex .. Racer 2 .. EQ-800 .. FORS Relic .. Bandido II µMAX .. Silver Sabre µMAX .. XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2021 10:19PM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

2nd CoRe foray better

Druid 391 October 11, 2021 10:16PM

It's good to hear you're still working with the CoRe.

Monte 262 October 12, 2021 11:40AM

Re: 2nd CoRe foray better

Druid 170 October 12, 2021 09:20PM

Might have some.---I'll check my stock tomorrow & see.----How much are they worth? N/T

D&P-OR 255 October 11, 2021 11:21PM

Not a clue? N/T

Druid 243 October 12, 2021 09:22AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25