Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I just hope they pay attention to search Coil design.

October 17, 2021 06:11AM avatar
Make sure the search coils are rugged and even pay attention to appearance ugly coils are just that. Ugly. The most important thing is to position the Rod Mount ears close to center and not have them way back towards the rear.

My small 'OOR' and 5" DD coils for the CoRe and Relic I love with, but they should have had the 'ears' closer to center. They made two accessory coils for the Simplex + and the elliptical 5X9.5 is great, but that round 8" is heavy and uncomfortable with the 'ears' too far towards the rear.

They did fine with their round 11" coils so if the new unit comes with an 11" and a 6" optional with 'ears' in the proper location then they'll balance well and enhance the comfortable feel.

I also hope the balance isn't messed up with whatever design they're going to use for a user replaceable battery.

Using the Simplex physical package design is fine and I also trust they'll use push buttons that are a little easier to push than there first Simplex models.

And finally, we need to have an SMF that will handle the really tough iron conditions like their other good-working devices do. Then we'll have a much more competitive model on the market.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Impact .. Inca .. Bandido II ┬ÁMAX .. Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX .. MX-5
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Fall is in the air so I'm working on my Christmas shopping budget.

Monte 141 October 16, 2021 08:32AM

Man Christmas would be nice if its available even then.

Kickindirt 83 October 16, 2021 10:20PM

I just hope they pay attention to search Coil design.

Monte 74 October 17, 2021 06:11AM

Christmas Gifts _NOKTA SMF

UtahRich 95 October 16, 2021 09:26AM

Re: Christmas Gifts _NOKTA SMF

D&P-OR 93 October 16, 2021 08:43PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021