Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I have the time, just like some suggestions. Acquired a new Legend.

January 24, 2023 06:32AM avatar
Yes, I toyed with the idea of getting a brand new Legend or Equinox 900, but with my fixed income, and limited mobility and health issues, I was going to pass. Then I had a contact and offered a brand new, in-the-box, Legend Pro Pack for a price I couldn't resist. It should arrive about the time I have eye surgery on the 1st, so I will have a month or two to both work on mobility rehab as well as take my time learning what I can about the Legend.

So, I am reaching out to all of those with a Legend and have been using it to let me know any suggestions they have for settings.

It is the Pro Pack, and while I really do not like the rear-positioned rod-mount, it is a good performing coil size for many places I hunt. Nokta is introducing two new coils for it, the 6X9½ and 9X12, and some early comments I heard were that the new 9X12 balances as well or better than the stock 11". If so, and since I like the same-size 9X12 on a Minelab Vanquish for open areas, I will get a hold of Joel (Kickindirt) and order those two coils when my budget allows. The 6X9½ for regular-use and 9X12 for wide-open sites. Along with the round 6", those three coils ought to work for me.

I welcome any helpful comments or suggestions about the Legend. Thanks.

Monte

Of course that means I will likely thin out one or two units from my current detector team. Hummm, what will they be. confused smiley

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now 'back home' in Farr West Utah
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my chosen makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
F-19 .. Racer .. Vanquish 540 .. FORS Relic .. Silver Sabre µMAX .. Bandido II µMAX .. XLT
Pinpointers: Garrett AT Pro-Pointers .. Headphones: 'Hornet' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. ML-80
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

I have the time, just like some suggestions. Acquired a new Legend.

Monte 83 January 24, 2023 06:32AM

Re: I have the time, just like some suggestions. Acquired a new Legend.

jmaryt 72 January 24, 2023 09:01PM

No problem. My main two Tesoro's are staying!

Monte 54 January 25, 2023 11:41AM

Re: No problem. My main two Tesoro's are staying!

jmaryt 76 January 25, 2023 06:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 39