Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sodbuster, you asked: "when hunting in grass." I take it you mean Coin Hunting.

January 15, 2018 11:10PM avatar
Sodbuster
Monte, how do you rate the Impact in relation to your other go-to detectors when hunting in grass, either in parks with trash, or on private yards and lawns?

That's the impression I get from your inquiry, more of a Coin & Jewelry Hunter's approach for the Impact, and that's a lot of what I sort the Impact out for in my personal detector group. EVERY make and model in my Regular-Use Detector Team has proven their abilities to me for ALL metal detecting applications I normally take on, the two most desirous being Relic Hunting then Coin & Jewelry Hunting.

To be very honest, even though it is tough to pick-and-choose from the favorites I keep read-to-go, of all my Target ID / Tone ID detectors, I'll usually grab a quick-and-simple Tesoro, such as the Mojave or Silver Sabre microMAX for quick-hit tot-lot hunting. But for working groomed parks, schools, and private yards, my Impact will usually be the 1st unit I grab at a Coin Hunting site.

Like I said, any of my detectors can do just fine, but I do tend to favor the Impact because it offers ample yet functional adjustment features, the benefit of three operating frequencies, and it is well balanced and keeps my favorite search coil mounted for ready use.

Yes, as of today I consider my Nokta Impact to be my currant Coin & Relic Hunting favorite detector, and I believe it is a versatile detector that can do the same service for any avid detectorist who sets out to learn and use their own Impact. Naturally, we need to also match the search coil used for the particular sites challenges, and they offer a nice array of accessory search coils.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Why I rely on my Nokta and Makro favorites.

Monte 360 January 06, 2018 05:42AM

Re: Impact

Sodbuster 233 January 07, 2018 01:08PM

Sodbuster, you asked: "when hunting in grass." I take it you mean Coin Hunting.

Monte 219 January 15, 2018 11:10PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018