Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Velox vs. Impact? A qquestion I can't honestly answer.

January 15, 2018 11:31PM avatar
Pablo61
What is the deeper detector, the Velox or Impact?

I can't answer that because I have never handled a Velox device. Besides, 'depth' has so many variable qualifiers anyway, such as the size and shape of the object used to compare 'depth.' The object's conductivity level and the ground mineral make-up where any comparisons are being done.

Then on the detector and search coil side of things, the search coils should be of the same or very similar size, shape and internal winding configuration, and the detector's search modes and settings should also be set as comparable as possibly. Then you can get a better idea of 'depth-of-detection' between two or more models.

The Impact is one of my regularly carried detectors, and using comparable search coils and settings I would say the Impact is one of my three deepest-seeking units. Too many variables to flat out say one is overall better than the others.

Know this, however, the Impact IS one of my favorite detectors because it provides exceptional all-around performance, and one of its strengths is that it does provide me impressive depth when needed and where I hunt. 'Depth' isn't everything, to be sure, and sometimes is way over hyped. There are many other performance attributes we ought to take in as well as deep-seeking potential.

Maybe one of these days I'll have an opportunity to compare a Velox, but other than my Tesoro units, all my more versatile detectors feature visual Target ID and audio Tone ID which I happen to prefer, and the Velox doesn't have what I want and need.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Nokta-Makro:(3), Teknetics:(1), Tesoro:(4), White's:(1), XP:(1)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Velox vs. Impact

Pablo61 403 January 15, 2018 08:32AM

Velox vs. Impact? A qquestion I can't honestly answer.

Monte 347 January 15, 2018 11:31PM

Re: Velox vs. Impact? A qquestion I can't honestly answer.

Pablo61 288 January 20, 2018 08:07AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018