Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re:Making a decision

February 02, 2018 04:23PM
Monte,
I wanted to buy a US made detector, but I do not see the right detector coming from the US in the near future. sad smiley
I'm looking for a deep hunting multi or selectable frequency unit that has fast response time, and good unmasking abilities, something less sensitive to emi interferrence than either my V3i or F75 ltd2. I want something light, that is easy to program or make setting changes. I want small and medium coils available for separation and unmasking.

Another top priority is to have something that is waterproof, so that sudden showers, or drizzly days are not a killer for a hunt, and I can go into the water if there's a good opportunity.

Right now I have an F75 ltd2 as my primary machine with a V3i, a deLeon; a Golden uMax; and a Tiger Shark that mostly sit; and a superclean Spectrum XLT that does just sit. I do not NEED another detector. grinning smiley I am hoping that the Kruzer will make a better all around machine and the waterproofing is a big plus for me along with the 3 frequencies to help unmask. I have been impressed with what I've heard about Makro/Nokta customer service.

so, Multi or selectable freq., Waterproof, light, simple to use, fast, rejects emi, good service, coil selection at reasonable prices. Those are my hopes for the Kruzer.

I actually found a minty used Impact for sale; got past my indecisiveness from the Equinox announcement, and sent a buy message to the seller, who had JUST sold it... that was the day before the Kruzer was announced. I passed on the Rutus due to the lack of coil options and the service choices for software updates, and if a problem arrises.

The Equinox is tempting, but there is no word on what coils will be available or what the pricing will be on whatever becomes available. So, I'm getting a multi-Kruzer. I expect to order the 7" concentric and the 5" DD when they're available. Probably can get them both for less than the price of one Minelab coil, but who knows.

Maybe I'll still get an Impact, or an Equinox. Probably will have to get rid of a detector or two if that happens.
Subject Author Views Posted

Dilek just announced: THE NEW MAKRO KRUZER SERIES!

Monte 549 January 23, 2018 10:18AM

Re: Dilek just announced: THE NEW MAKRO KRUZER SERIES!

Sodbuster 214 January 30, 2018 06:50PM

Picking an Impact or Multi-Kruzer ... and you made your decision.

Monte 307 January 31, 2018 04:28AM

Re:Making a decision

Sodbuster 200 February 02, 2018 04:23PM

Making a decision? Well, you might have left out one word.

Monte 225 February 03, 2018 03:36AM

3½ years and counting ... And the Winner is?

Monte 400 January 23, 2018 12:38PM

Re: 3½ years and counting ... And the Winner is?

SvenS 278 January 23, 2018 08:33PM

Re: Dilek just announced: THE NEW MAKRO KRUZER SERIES!

Utah1971 264 January 23, 2018 11:30AM

Eric, your comment, " I'm pretty interested." is shared by a lot of people! smiling bouncing smiley

Monte 528 January 24, 2018 06:25AM

Re: Eric, your comment, " I'm pretty interested." is shared by a lot of people! smiling bouncing smiley

Remfire 230 January 24, 2018 08:41AM

The biggest 'Dealer' issue is with ....

Monte 306 January 24, 2018 10:32AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018