Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Finally! Found my first 2018 Trade Token.

February 18, 2018 01:53AM avatar
I started out with an equipment failure ... broken headphones ... which almost left me in a grumpy mood. Fortunately I had a back-up set with me, plus the wireless headphones for the Multi-Kruzer and a set for my Racer 2. My intention was to hunt the site with one detector, then re-hunt the same gridded area with a couple of others. This is an almost vacant lot here in Vale, Oregon that has been kicking out more wheat-back cents than I care for. Up to 29 of them just this month and I've needed a break with more dated finds ... and that happened today.

I was doing so well with the Racer 2 that I didn't make any detector swaps after another batch of early US wheat-back cents and one Trade Token. My first for the year and it's in decent shape. A 'maverick,' but it is listed in the Oregon Trade Token book as being from a tinier town of Brogan, just 25 miles north of here. Always enjoy trade tokens, especially the more unique value specimens like this one bit Orchard Saloon token, GF 12½¢ IT. thumbs up

Racer 2 w/7" Concentric coil (my favorite to keep mounted full-time).

Di-3 mode with all my saved settings that I very seldom alter: Gain: '99' .. Disc.: '03' .. Iron Volume: '02'

Just search with a slow, methodical sweep with ample overlapping to patiently deal with a lot of trash, much of which is iron.

Stormy weather for the coming week but I'll be ready to get out hunting again as soon as spring weather arrives full-time.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Attachments:
open | download - 20180217_230028.jpg (1.35 MB)
open | download - 20180217_230129.jpg (1.5 MB)
Subject Author Views Posted

Finally! Found my first 2018 Trade Token. Attachments

Monte 242 February 18, 2018 01:53AM

Trade Token.

Remfire 160 February 18, 2018 12:46PM

A Maverick trade token is one that does not designate the location.

Monte 203 February 18, 2018 04:00PM

Nice

OregonGregg 143 February 18, 2018 09:42AM

Re: Finally! Found my first 2018 Trade Token.

DW-OR 142 February 18, 2018 09:12AM

Re: Finally! Found my first 2018 Trade Token.

Rich (Utah) 162 February 18, 2018 02:02AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018