Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Preparing for my Makro Multi-Kruzer evaluation and review.

March 06, 2018 06:53AM avatar
Good morning to all. It is now 5:16 AM here in Vale, Eastern Oregon, and I have been awake and busy with some final evaluation work, but somewhat limited on available gear. I need to get the Makro 5" DD and 7" Concentric coils for my Multi-Kruzer in order to finish giving it a more thorough workout in-the-field. I could give a quick report on my thoughts of the device with the standard 7X11 DD coil, but I seldom use that size coil on any detector because 90% of my hunting is in densely littered sites.

I have been able to answer PM's and e-mails, and respond to some Forum posts with questions about this new detector, but I have only adapted the short-length coil cabled Impact coils to check out my Multi-Kruzer and that doesn't always allow for s proper rod-length for comfort. But I have spent the last hour using my no-recovered stolen CoRe w/'OOR' DD coil, and other detectors I have on-hand with a smaller-then 6" diameter search coils, to include my Impact w/5" DD, Relic w/5" DD, CoRe w/'OOR' DD, Racer 2 w/'OOR' DD and now the Multi-Kruzer w/Impact's 5" DD.

This has taken some time because I used each model hearing the four iron nails on my Nail Board Performance Test to confirm that all of these units perform in their splendid manner on an Indian Head 1¢ or a thinner silver Mercury 10¢, and all provided me with 8-out-of-8 'dig-me' audio responses. thumbs up. I am naturally only using USA coinage for these tests, and decided it was time for the 'Tough Challenge' like I invited Oregon Gregg over to take on just a year ago this month.

The 'Tough Challenge' was using my NBPT with a narrower-diameter and much-thinner coin .... my 1836 Capped Bust Half-Dime. Back then, the new Impact w/4X7½ DD flunked this 'Tough Challenge' only giving 4-out-of-8 hits. That lead the wonderful folks at Nokta Detectors to quickly go to work on a smaller-size 5" DD.

I had a quick e-mail and then a phone call from Dilek at Nokta on March 10th following Oregon Gregg posting the results here on an AHRPS Forum. We discussed the results I had and I expressed my wish for a smaller coil, such as an 'OOR' or 5" DD as found on the CoRe or Relic products. I also expressed, again ... which Dilek has head from me since January of '15 when I got my CoRe ... that I really would like to see a Concentric coil in the 6" to 7" diameter size.

Anyway, she told me the engineers would start working on a smaller coil to check out on this 'Tough Challenge.' On April 5th I got an e-mail that she wanted to talk with me regarding a coil specimen to evaluate. On April 7th she e-mailed to let me know she shipped the 5" DD Impact evaluation coil and asked for a quick report. On April 12th the package arrived and I started my evaluation of the Impact 5" DD coil, to include doing my 'Tough Challenge' test with the 1836 Half-Dime on the Nail Board and again compared it with the Core, Relic and Racer 2.

The Impact now passed the test, bettering the Racer 2 w/'OOR' DD and matching the 7-out-of-8 I got with the Racer 2 w/5" DD and Relic w/5" DD. Only the CoRe w/'OOR' managed to squeak 8-out-of-8 hits in that 'Tough Challenge' with any of the modern Target ID detectors I have tried .... until now. eye popping smiley

I am hoping to get a 5" DD and 7' Concentric so I can complete a more thorough evaluation of the Multi-Kruzer in-the-field, but I can tell you right now that I am impressed with this unit and it is here-to-stay on my personal detector 'Team.'

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Preparing for my Makro Multi-Kruzer evaluation and review.

Monte 355 March 06, 2018 06:53AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 37
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018