Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ryan, I prefer 'simplicity' to 'complexity' so here are my FORS CoRe settings.

September 10, 2018 12:25PM avatar
Both my Nokta CoRe devices have the same saved settings so they are each ready-to-go when I grab them. The only difference is that my most-used unit with the 'OOR' DD coil is saved to start up in Three-Tone Di3, and my 2nd CoRe with the mid-sized 5X9½ DD open-frame coil is saved to start up in the Two-Tone Di2 mode.

Here are my settings per mode:

GEN: A Threshold-based All Metal mode.
Sensitivity .. '90'
Threshold .. '55'

Di2: A Two-Tone mode w/processed Ferrous Low-Tone and VCO enhanced Non-Ferrous higher tone.
Sensitivity .. '90'
ID Mask (Discrimination) .. '10' (Just low enough to accept most iron nails.)

Di3: A 'processed' Three-Tone mode.
Sensitivity .. '99''

COG: A Two-Tone Conductive Ground or Beach mode w/processed Ferrous Low-Tone and VCO enhanced Non-Ferrous higher tone..
Sensitivity .. '90'

Common Settings: (For all modes.)
Volume .. '20'
Tone .. '05' (For all modes except the processed Di3 Three-Tone mode.)
Brightness .. '20'
Vibration .. '00'
Language .. EN (English)

Most of the time I am search sites with a lot of brush, building rubble and scattered debris, and more often than not, most of that is nails, other iron junk and rusty tin. Naturally, you know the types of sites I refer to and I've been hunting them off-and-on since 1969, but primarily since the summer of '83. Due to that I use the smaller coil 90% of the time or more, and since I hunt dense iron contaminated sites I also prefer to use the Di3 / Three-Tone search mode.

I have that Sensitivity saved at '99' because most locations are remote and well away from urban EMI issues, so I like to start up with the highest Sensitivity level and then, if necessary, I can slowly decrease that level to gain stability. Most of the time I don't as the CoRe purrs on performing quite well.

Also note that I like to use an ID Mask / Discrimination setting of '10' which rejects from ferrous junk but is low enough to still accept iron nails and some other iron that is more conductive. A setting of '21' is usually about right to just barely reject most nails, but I prefer to hear them and some accepted iron which usually produces the lower ferrous Tone because that alerts me that I am in an iron contaminated site and I need to slow my sweep speed to work around the offending ferrous junk and listen for any partially masked desirable target.

I think over the past 3½+ years I have been using my CoRe I have only increased my Disc. level to Nail Rejection of '21' about four or five times, total. Listening for and to the iron and audibly sorting out the potentially better targets that were partially masked has been a rewarding benefit of using the FORS CoRe. It is a rugged, solidly built detector with functional settings and not a lot of fluff. Very good depth of detection, when not working those really littered sites, and comfortable to use with only simple or basic adjustment features. My two FORS CoRe models are here to stay because they work and work very well.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

I've drank the Nokta koolaid, now I need some sugar

GISGUY 146 September 06, 2018 10:22AM

Ryan, as you know I have several favorites from different brands that work for me.

Monte 100 September 07, 2018 01:54AM

Thanks Monte!

GISGUY 68 September 07, 2018 03:44PM

Ryan, I prefer 'simplicity' to 'complexity' so here are my FORS CoRe settings.

Monte 55 September 10, 2018 12:25PM

Re: Thanks Monte!

OregonGregg 79 September 08, 2018 06:18PM

I've drank the Nokta koolaid, now I need some sugar

Rich (Utah) 89 September 06, 2018 10:57PM

Re: I've drank the Nokta koolaid, now I need some sugar

GISGUY 76 September 07, 2018 03:46PM

Snazzy Yellow Paint Job -

Rich (Utah) 83 September 07, 2018 08:53PM

Re: Snazzy Yellow Paint Job - Attachments

OregonGregg 106 September 08, 2018 06:07PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018