Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone try the new R2 without the dongle? Built in wireless?

September 11, 2018 09:09PM
I have the older Racer 2, with the Dongle. I have an older pair of the wireless headphones that I've used and really liked them. Being unteathered is great. HOWEVER, after using them for about a year I had a few trips in a row where I was frequently losing synch between the Racer2 and the headphones for a reason I couldn't determine. I had them properly charged, etc. Fortunately, I had a pair of favorite corded headphones in my bag and they saved the day.

I am not sure what the issue was/is, but I went back to using the regular headphones. I believe that my headphones are now 2 generations older than the current wireless phones and I am not reading of others having this complaint.

Just a note. I have a pretty big noggin and my version of headphones are just big enough for me to wear at max adjustment. I wish there was more adjustment so I could wear the headphones over a winter hat when the weather cools.

Hope that helps. It is nice that Makro updated the Racer 2 so a Dongle is no longer needed.

Rich -

Tesoro Golden Sabre
Tesoro Bandido
White's MXT All Pro
Minelab Etrac
Nokta Fors CoRe
Macro Racer 2
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Subject Author Views Posted

Kickindirt 102 September 10, 2018 12:47PM

Rich (Utah) 92 September 11, 2018 09:09PM

Re: Anyone try the new R2 without the dongle? Built in wireless?

Remfire 102 September 11, 2018 10:33PM

Note to Dilek is on the way. thumbs up

Rich (Utah) 75 September 28, 2018 05:39PM

Roger, I was glad it was a simple fix as they found the glitch.

Monte 78 September 12, 2018 12:46AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018