Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Roger, I was glad it was a simple fix as they found the glitch.

September 12, 2018 12:46AM avatar
Also pleased to help. They did change the headphones when the Nokta Impact came out, but my original set and a brand new set still in-the-box were with me last October when everything got stolen. The stolen Racer 2 had the newer dongle so I didn't have a problem dropping signal connection. The stolen Impact w/wireless headphones also worked fine once paired up.

I'm currently using a new set of 2.4 Gig. wireless from Nokta and, again, no performance issues. They are very comfortable in the hot summer months but it looks like we are finally out of that for this year. Fall weather with seasonal temperatures now so it will be wireless on sunny and warmer days, and corded headphones when it is cooler.

I use three differed brands of corded headphones so I can select a set that seems to perform better with one make and model than another since some detector headphone circuitry is designed a bit differently.

Monte.

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Anyone try the new R2 without the dongle? Built in wireless?

Kickindirt 116 September 10, 2018 12:47PM

Anyone try the new R2 without the dongle? Built in wireless?

Rich (Utah) 104 September 11, 2018 09:09PM

Re: Anyone try the new R2 without the dongle? Built in wireless?

Remfire 110 September 11, 2018 10:33PM

Note to Dilek is on the way. thumbs up

Rich (Utah) 84 September 28, 2018 05:39PM

Roger, I was glad it was a simple fix as they found the glitch.

Monte 89 September 12, 2018 12:46AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018