Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I favor the white-colored smaller coils on my CoRe and Relic.

September 12, 2018 01:05AM avatar
I have the FORS Gold 'OOR' DD on my CoRe and the Gold + 5" DD on my Relic.

Nothing wrong with the black colored search coils, but when I have a choice I like the white-colored smaller coils as it's easier for my eyes to spot them and track their movement when I work the coil in and under and around sagebrush and other vegetation. Just a personal thing.

Both my Tesoro 6" Concentric coils are white, my modified White's Classic ID has a white colored 5½" Concentric Ferret coil, and the 6½" Concentric I keep mounted on my XLT is the white-colored Blue Max 600. The 5" DD for my Teknetics Omega 8000 is also white.

All the other search coils I have for my Regular-Use Detectors are black in color. My 'Specialty' Detectors that I mainly use for seminars and demonstrations, but do take afield from time-to-time, include a late '60s Garrett Hunter BFO, Compass Coin Hustler and Yukon 99B which are straight TR's, and a '76-'77 Garrett Money Hunter TR-Disc. and Master Hunter (2 coil package) TR-Disc., and all of those older search coils are white colored. My Teknetics Mark I Ltd. has the red colored coil to match the red control box.

I have preferred white colored coils, especially the smaller-sizes, since I started detecting, but there is one definite advantage to the black-colored coils. They don't sun or age fade like the white coils. The older white coils, or many of them, can turn a shade or two towards a yellowish or not-so-bright white shade after ample exposure to sunlight and/or with age based on the plastics used in their manufacture.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

FORS CoRe / FORS Gold Compatible Coils -

Rich (Utah) 108 September 11, 2018 08:55PM

Re: FORS CoRe / FORS Gold Compatible Coils -

OregonGregg 74 September 11, 2018 08:58PM

Thanks Gregg.

Rich (Utah) 68 September 11, 2018 09:11PM

I favor the white-colored smaller coils on my CoRe and Relic.

Monte 87 September 12, 2018 01:05AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018