Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Good questions, so let me share this.

September 19, 2018 03:01AM avatar
GISGUY
I'm interested in how the new Amfibio multi frequency machine will compare to my Multi Kruzer Impact. Somewhere in between the two as far as functionality and features?
The Anfibio Multi, which I haven't handled yet, should compare favorably with the Multi-Kruzer and Impact so far as selectable search modes is concerned. The Impact offers 12 search modes which can be a good thing, IF the operator has a workable knowledge of detector functions and learns each mode's strengths and weaknesses. I know the types of sites I like to hunt and their challenges and I select a detector model from my 'Team' of detectors that I feel is best suited for the task at hand and with a search coil I would most often use.

I really like the Impact's physical design and feel, especially when using the 7" Concentric as a preferred general-purpose search coil. I currently have 10 units in my Regular-Use Detector Team, and each has a favorite search coil mounted for the most typical application I would grab them for, and 9 of those 10 has a search coil mounted that is between a ±5" 'OOR' DD to a 5",DD, 5½" Concentric, 6" Concentric, 6½" Concentric up to 7" Concentric. The 10th device, my 2nd Nokta CoRe, sports a mid-size 5X9½ open-frame DD for areas with less trash.

Standard, larger-size, and other optional coils I have at-the-ready on spare lower rods in my Accessory Coil Tote should I need them. These coils are chosen partly based upon the search modes I most often use with various models. With all of my Nokta / Makro devices, I have them saved to turn-on in the 3-Tone mode which I use most often. The exception is the extra CoRe with mid-sized coil which is saved to start-up in 2-Tone.

Otherwise, all of my Nokta / Makro units are worked in 3-Tone most often, then 2-Tone as the 2nd mode choice, then DEEP mode as the 3rd used search mode. Other than that it depends on the site hunted, but the All Metal GEN mode would be the next one chosen. Therefore, the Impact, with 12 search mode choices, offers a lot that I would never or very seldom make use of, and I think that might be true for many Hobbyists as well as more advanced Avid Detectorists out there.

The Multi-Kruzer features a selection of 6 search modes, and again my preference was 3-Tone, 2-Tone and DEEP, in that order. I think that made the Kruzer a little more appealing to many consumers because the 6 mode choices didn't seem as 'busy' as the Impact with 12 modes. Not that we have to use them all, but some people are intimidated with just the fact that they are there.

One thing that I found with the Impact and Multi-Kruzer was that the low-frequency 5 kHz performance didn't work well for me and the types of sites I hunt and with the way the Discriminate circuitry processes signals. Perhaps that's also because most sites I hunt are plagued with nails and other very dense debris, much of which is ferrous-based and the 5 kHz didn't handle that as well in Discrimination as the 14 kHz turn-on frequency that I used the most. Or choosing 19 kHz or 20 kHz which I also picked for the sites with dense iron and rusty tin for some Relic Hunting advantages I enjoy when using my 19 kHz Relic.

Testers were notified there would be three Anfibio models and we had a loose description of their differences. They were going to send out Test Samples of the Anfibio Multi and Anfibio 19 but we didn't know what they were sending to who. Honestly, I had my hopes up to get the 'simpler' Anfibio 19 that would complement my Relic in that upper portion of the VLF range ... and that's what arrived.

The new 11" DD coil works great in wide-open and trash-free parks and similar sites, but I ordered a 7" Concentric coil and the AA battery holder and ¼" corded headphones adapter from metaldetector.com (same as for the Kruzer series) because that 7" Concentric is an ideal general-purpose search coil.

GISGUY
I'm curious about the weight, balance, and portability of the detector as well.
The redesign and new packaging, the arm cup and hand-grip help make the unit well balanced, and with the collapsible rod design, it makes the Anfibio a very compact device for portability.

There are things about the design of the Anfibio that I found to be improved over the Impact for me, and while I can make use of a Multi-Frequency detector, right now I have an ample selection of single-frequency detectors at 6 different VLF range frequencies that I can pick-and-choose what I feel I want and need for various applications. (They consist of:: 6.59, 7.8, 10, 13.9, 15 and 19 kHz units.)

Just some thoughts and more to come as questions follow.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

New information from Nokta / Makro at Detectival in the UK.

Monte 176 September 15, 2018 09:12PM

Re: New information from Nokta / Makro at Detectival in the UK.

Timbertodd 89 September 22, 2018 10:33AM

Interested in one or two new-to-you detectors?

Monte 111 September 22, 2018 05:49PM

Re: Interested in one or two new-to-you detectors?

Timbertodd 69 September 22, 2018 06:30PM

I'll be glad to make a Nokta & Makro appearance. smiling smiley

Monte 67 September 22, 2018 07:02PM

smiling bouncing smiley Nokta/Makro Anfibio 'series' discussions are soon to get lively!

Monte 132 September 18, 2018 11:54AM

Re: smiling bouncing smiley Nokta/Makro Anfibio 'series' discussions are soon to get lively!

GISGUY 112 September 18, 2018 04:26PM

Re: smiling bouncing smiley Nokta/Makro Anfibio 'series' discussions are soon to get lively!

SvenS 114 September 19, 2018 09:01PM

I have to agree with SvenS regarding detector aquisition.

Monte 85 September 20, 2018 03:39PM

Good questions, so let me share this.

Monte 97 September 19, 2018 03:01AM

Anphibio -

Rich (Utah) 100 September 19, 2018 01:56PM

Anfibio ... Well thought out physical packaging.

Monte 95 September 19, 2018 05:22PM

Anfibio 'series' discussions - Stay Tuned !

Rich (Utah) 104 September 18, 2018 01:09PM

Speaking of new information....

GISGUY 109 September 17, 2018 10:58AM

Dilek showed some of the soon-to-be-released models and more.

Monte 109 September 16, 2018 04:03AM

Re: Dilek showed some of the soon-to-be-released models and more.

GISGUY 94 September 17, 2018 10:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018