Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I have to agree with SvenS regarding detector aquisition.

September 20, 2018 03:39PM avatar
Does the Anfibio 'series' offer something different in design and maybe subtle performance from the Impact or Kruzer series? Yes, kind of, and possibly more notable to a savvy user. But the Racer 2 didn't make my FORS CoRe inoperable or lack performance, and then the Relic came out and it simply 'complemented' the line-up at the time. The Impact was next and it brought a new physical package, more search modes and different features, and works well .. But my CoRe and Racer 2 and Relic continue to perform excellent afield.

Along came the waterproof Kruzer series with built-in Lithium battery power and, again, it showed us the wonderful progress the good folks at Nokta / Makro continue to make to bring consumers new and inventive detector models. But along the way the former models continue to work well and find good stuff and it really gets down to owning and using detectors that work. Models that provide us the features and design that we can be comfortable with for different applications. As Sven said, we do not have to buy a new detector if we have something that works well. It's simply an option.

Now there will be the Anfibio 'series' with three models to choose from. Does my specimen do things a little different from my CoRe or Relic? Yes, and that was what I noticed and appreciated about the performance .... but the CoRe and Relic continue to work and find stuff! Matter-of-act, so do the other makes and models I have on my Detector Team, so it really isn't a matter of something being a total replacement or completely overshadowing other detectors, it is simply a new model entry that is designed in such a way that it can add, or might add, some benefits or improvements for certain applications.

In this case, for me, the Anfibio 19 is a great fit in my detector group because the higher VLF frequencies of 19 and 20 kHz make a nice complement to the other lower VLF models I use. It complements my Relic very well by being waterproof and also sporting two coils I don't have for the Relic, the 10" DD and 7" Concentric, and now announced two more new coils at 9" and 13". Plus he Anfibio has some additional adjustment functions.

If you have one or more detectors that are working fine for you, then don't be in a rush. Give it time and you'll get to check one out eventually. But if you have that 'but-it-now' urge, you only have to wait until next month.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

New information from Nokta / Makro at Detectival in the UK.

Monte 177 September 15, 2018 09:12PM

Re: New information from Nokta / Makro at Detectival in the UK.

Timbertodd 89 September 22, 2018 10:33AM

Interested in one or two new-to-you detectors?

Monte 112 September 22, 2018 05:49PM

Re: Interested in one or two new-to-you detectors?

Timbertodd 69 September 22, 2018 06:30PM

I'll be glad to make a Nokta & Makro appearance. smiling smiley

Monte 68 September 22, 2018 07:02PM

smiling bouncing smiley Nokta/Makro Anfibio 'series' discussions are soon to get lively!

Monte 134 September 18, 2018 11:54AM

Re: smiling bouncing smiley Nokta/Makro Anfibio 'series' discussions are soon to get lively!

GISGUY 115 September 18, 2018 04:26PM

Re: smiling bouncing smiley Nokta/Makro Anfibio 'series' discussions are soon to get lively!

SvenS 116 September 19, 2018 09:01PM

I have to agree with SvenS regarding detector aquisition.

Monte 86 September 20, 2018 03:39PM

Good questions, so let me share this.

Monte 98 September 19, 2018 03:01AM

Anphibio -

Rich (Utah) 100 September 19, 2018 01:56PM

Anfibio ... Well thought out physical packaging.

Monte 95 September 19, 2018 05:22PM

Anfibio 'series' discussions - Stay Tuned !

Rich (Utah) 106 September 18, 2018 01:09PM

Speaking of new information....

GISGUY 110 September 17, 2018 10:58AM

Dilek showed some of the soon-to-be-released models and more.

Monte 109 September 16, 2018 04:03AM

Re: Dilek showed some of the soon-to-be-released models and more.

GISGUY 94 September 17, 2018 10:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018