Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Interested in one or two new-to-you detectors?

September 22, 2018 05:49PM avatar
Timbertodd
This and the Fors Core has really caught my interest. One might be joining the family come the first of the year. Im looking forward to detailed in the field reports.
By 'this' I take it you refer to one of the soon-to-arrive Anfibio series models? Looking at Nokta /Makro website here [noktadetectors.com] you can scroll down and see photos of the three versions. The current photos line-up, however, is in error and they will correct it. The Anfibio Multi is on the left, the Anfibio 14 is the center unit, and the Anfibio 19 is on the right.

I was provided a Test Sample of the Anfibio 19 which is honestly the model I was hoping for. Why? Because at 19 kHz it will complement my 19 kHz FORS Relic, but also provide me the benefit of using a round 7" Concentric coil.

It was announced that the Anfibio 14 was replacing the 15 kHz FORS CoRe in the line-up and the Anfibio 19 was replacing the FORS Relic since both the CoRe and Relic are now discontinued. That means they are officially no longer produced at Nokta / Makro, but I can assure you that are also NOT discontinued from use in my personal detector outfit. Now way! Thy are very solidly built, very reliable, and very well balanced. They might not look it, but once you handle one afield you discover that hidden secret and also find out how well they perform.

I have two CoRe's here in my den, with one always having the 'OOR' DD mounted and the other keeps the open-frame mid-size 5X9½ DD ready-to-go. I currently only have one FORS Relic on-hand and the 5" DD is always mounted to it. The CoRe and Relic are my two best units in my current outfit of 11 detectors (I added another duplicate Tesoro model yesterday) for hunting the worst iron littered sites.

Due to my neck/spine surgery and wearing a neck brace I shouldn't drive, so it has kept me from taking the Anfibio 19 to a couple of the really tough iron filled ghost towns, but that should happen in about 2-3 weeks. More than likely it will join my CoRe and Relic as my main-use models for the really ugly nail and rusty tin sites where good-target masking is a real challenge.

I hope my surgeon visit on the 3rd will get me the okay to remove this thing and drive, in which case I hope to make a run to the Portland area for a couple of days in October. Naturally I'll also hope for rain-free weather, but when I come that way I'll let you know. Maybe we will have time for a visit and I'll have several detectors along with me and that will let you check out the CoRe and Relic, or other units I use.

Monte

By the way: The Relic w/5" DD was the 2nd model of the 9 I used on the Nail-on-Button Front comparison that gave 4-out-of-4 good hits with the rusty iron nail rejected. That should help anyone figure out the other three models that worked great.

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2018 05:50PM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

New information from Nokta / Makro at Detectival in the UK.

Monte 177 September 15, 2018 09:12PM

Re: New information from Nokta / Makro at Detectival in the UK.

Timbertodd 89 September 22, 2018 10:33AM

Interested in one or two new-to-you detectors?

Monte 111 September 22, 2018 05:49PM

Re: Interested in one or two new-to-you detectors?

Timbertodd 69 September 22, 2018 06:30PM

I'll be glad to make a Nokta & Makro appearance. smiling smiley

Monte 68 September 22, 2018 07:02PM

smiling bouncing smiley Nokta/Makro Anfibio 'series' discussions are soon to get lively!

Monte 134 September 18, 2018 11:54AM

Re: smiling bouncing smiley Nokta/Makro Anfibio 'series' discussions are soon to get lively!

GISGUY 113 September 18, 2018 04:26PM

Re: smiling bouncing smiley Nokta/Makro Anfibio 'series' discussions are soon to get lively!

SvenS 115 September 19, 2018 09:01PM

I have to agree with SvenS regarding detector aquisition.

Monte 86 September 20, 2018 03:39PM

Good questions, so let me share this.

Monte 98 September 19, 2018 03:01AM

Anphibio -

Rich (Utah) 100 September 19, 2018 01:56PM

Anfibio ... Well thought out physical packaging.

Monte 95 September 19, 2018 05:22PM

Anfibio 'series' discussions - Stay Tuned !

Rich (Utah) 105 September 18, 2018 01:09PM

Speaking of new information....

GISGUY 110 September 17, 2018 10:58AM

Dilek showed some of the soon-to-be-released models and more.

Monte 109 September 16, 2018 04:03AM

Re: Dilek showed some of the soon-to-be-released models and more.

GISGUY 94 September 17, 2018 10:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018