Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

To use a boxing match term ... We have a split decision.

October 30, 2018 11:00PM avatar
You are definitely going to have active White's users on AHRPS Forums who might be biased towards the MX-5 or more towards the MX-7. I have enjoyed using both of these models, sometimes side-by-side in field evaluations, and happen to admire both of them. Especially when using the same-size 6½" Concentric coils. The have a very similar balance and feel, both being more comfortable for me than the MXT Pro.

I did some more adding and trimming of my detector outfit this month, and that resulted in my letting a choice, new MX-5 go and hanging on to my MX-7 to fill that niche in my arsenal. Both are proven performers. Both have their own strengths and weaknesses. I think she would learn to like either one of them, and perhaps the MX-5 might be slightly easier for her to learn, but the MX-7 isn't tough. It offers more adjustment features and search modes, but most people would be just fine by adjusting the settings they prefer in the Coin & Jewelry mode and just using that.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Whites MX 5 vs MX 7 for newbie

Druid 73 October 30, 2018 08:46PM

I own both and the jury is still out on which is bestWhite's Electronics

Hombre 83 October 31, 2018 09:14PM

Re: I own both and the jury is still out on which is bestWhite's Electronics

Druid 49 November 01, 2018 12:29PM

To use a boxing match term ... We have a split decision.

Monte 73 October 30, 2018 11:00PM

Re: To use a boxing match term ... We have a split decision.

Druid 60 October 31, 2018 08:29AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018