Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Your modified Classic lll SL is Ground Balanced just like my modified IDX Pro White's Electronics

November 13, 2018 03:21PM
Hi Jamie,

After turning it on and setting the Sensitivity to max or close to max. I will pull the trigger to switch it to All Metal, adjust Threshold to 'just' audible then search around for a metal free spot on the ground. Then bob the coil up & down from about 6 inches down to 1 inch above the ground over the clean spot and listen to what the Threshold is doing. If it gets louder as the coil gets close to the ground, it is too positive, adjust GB knob counter clockwise a little at a time till it barely has a 'slight rise to the Threshold. If the Threshold goes silent (null) as coil approaches the ground then it is set too negative, turn GB knob clockwise a little at a time until the Threshold rises in volume just ever so slightly...then you are done, release trigger to go into Disc, mode. The Classics like a bit of positive offset when Ground Balanced.

PS: I run my Discrimination to reject a small square nail and the dial ends up at about 9 o'clock. hope this helps.....

Randy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2018 03:23PM by Hombre.
Subject Author Views Posted

Ground balance procedure

Jamie 67 November 13, 2018 08:21AM

Ground Balance procedures for a Classic III SL, Classic ID or IDX Pro.

Monte 49 November 14, 2018 08:24AM

Monte does it again, his post is a great read & worth at least two cups of good cofeeWhite's Electronics

Hombre 32 November 14, 2018 12:45PM

Your modified Classic lll SL is Ground Balanced just like my modified IDX Pro White's Electronics

Hombre 60 November 13, 2018 03:21PM

Re: Your modified Classic lll SL is Ground Balanced just like my modified IDX Pro White's Electronics

Jamie 43 November 13, 2018 04:00PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018