Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Should I buy another DFX?

December 07, 2018 05:02AM
I own and use what was possibly the 1st 10 DFX machines here in the UK,still own it and will never part with it,its provided me with 1000s and 1000s of hours of reasonably enjoyable detecting and found me some of my best finds inclauding celtic gold staters etc,because i have sent best part of 15 years in learning what the machine tells me and like all my other detectors still learning all the time.My favourite combination is the 12'' Hotshot concentric coil which is as light as a feather and give greater depth advantage over other coils that i own and i do won alot for this detector.

But in the last 5 years or so the DFX has basically become a dorr stop for me,although it was good in the day and still works reasonably well on wet sand,it has been taken over performance wise by newer technology,the MXT although only single freq rather than the dual freq of the DFX is far superior and still being produced by Whites but the DFX was stopped years ago,they can be a difficult detectors to master but once the penny drops then they are 'OK' but nothing outstanding.

I also have a IDX pro and if i am honest i use and enjoy that machine so much better than the DFX,i feel the down fall for the once top of the Whittes line DFX is the complexity of all the setting,as for the VX3 that came after well that was even more complex and although the VX3 could be a absolute brute of a machine,no one really want too spend half the detecting day fine tuning them.More modern machine perform much better,lighter and alot more simple to set up.

My way of thinking is that if one was for sale at a stupid knock down price and i mean chep then it could be worth try and giving it a go,but from what i can see that is still a hefty price tag for old technology,would i personally recommend one these days,my reply would be 'no' as machines like Nokta etc have far better technology in them and far superior in basically all aspects and for the same price.

Of course as usual this is only my opinion from using one for many years,others may say otherwise,but detecting technology moves on and if i am honest we are spoilt for choice these days with so many different brand around.

Deus and Nexus MP.

DFX,IDX Pro,TDI Pro,Crossbow Pulse,Mirage Pulse,Fisher TW-5 twin box,UK Vaquero,Arado 120b,Nexus SE mainly site specific use machines.

Every hole is like a scratch card. Usually it’s nothing. Sometimes you win a prize.
Subject Author Views Posted

Should I buy another DFX?

Druid 34 December 06, 2018 03:31PM

Wayfarer 15 December 09, 2018 07:39AM

NO !!

Monte 28 December 07, 2018 03:16PM

RickUK 25 December 07, 2018 05:02AM

Re: Should I buy another DFX? run don't walk awaythumbs down

Hombre 35 December 06, 2018 07:32PM

GA1dad 27 December 06, 2018 06:52PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018