Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Drew, about the XLT and mounting configurations.

December 16, 2018 07:17PM avatar
Long, long ago in a far away place where people could move about without aches and pains, there was a younger but aging old phart who almost bought a factory hip mount version of the 6000 Series 3. He had a dealer friend who was kind enough to loan it to him to check out and he found it reasonably comfortable to use and not as encumbering as the big blue box on a rod standard version. That fellow didn't have a problem working that moderate to faster-sweep detector in the wide-open city parks of Portland Oregon.

But that was back then, and as time rapidly passed by he ended up lame and suffering as he struggled to move about with a cane to help handle the bad back, bad knees, bad foot, and bad shoulder/arm/hand. Trying to sling the unit over his shoulder with a bad neck and back wasn't helpful, and a belt-mount platform was kind of annoying, especially since he lost his rear-end early in life and any added weight in his pockets or on his belt caused a sudden gravitational effect on his britches.

He may not have had a stunning physique like a weight trainer or swimmer, and with the progression of time his balance and general gait became almost comical at time to onlookers, and while not a handsome devil he has a high IQ and is pretty sharp when it comes to figuring simple things out, such as: "That ain't gonna work!"

So he fluffed off the idea of chest-mounting, hip-mounting, belt-mounting and even having his faithful dog trot along side with control system in a doggie saddle bag. A simple deduction was to just use it the way they made it for 'normal' people until the day comes you can't handle it comfortably any more.

Seems like a pretty smart fellow so I think I'll adhere to that idea of just keeping it simple. Use a detector if I can, but when it gets uncomfortable, I'll just have to live with that reality and let it go.sad smiley

Monte

PS: I'll try to get photos this evening of the XLT and e-mail them to you. After dinner, if it doesn't burn, I'll answer your PM.

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher: 1, Nokta-Makro: 3, Teknetics: 1, Tesoro: 2, White's: 1
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

XLT vs XL Pro which do you prefer and why?

Druid 248 December 11, 2018 11:13PM

My most accurate and deepest contender in the White's 4 filter category is?????

Hombre 244 December 15, 2018 04:44PM

Randy, I'd like to argue with you about the 5900 Di Pro ...

Monte 210 December 16, 2018 10:56AM

To answer a tough question, if forced to pick only one, I prefer ...

Monte 249 December 12, 2018 10:34AM

Re: To answer a tough question, if forced to pick only one, I prefer ...

Druid 171 December 12, 2018 11:24AM

Perhaps that XLT is available . . . . . . smiling smiley

UtahRich 215 December 14, 2018 11:29PM

Unfortunately, Rich, you are 100% correct.

Monte 191 December 15, 2018 08:55AM

Re: Unfortunately, Rich, you are 100% correct.

OregonGregg 191 December 16, 2018 09:17AM

Re: Unfortunately, Rich, you are 100% correct.

Druid 162 December 16, 2018 04:14PM

Drew, about the XLT and mounting configurations.

Monte 171 December 16, 2018 07:17PM

Re: Drew, about the XLT and mounting configurations.

UtahRich 168 December 17, 2018 12:04AM

Re: Drew, about the XLT and mounting configurations.

Druid 142 December 17, 2018 10:10AM

Rich(Utah), I am sure the XLT would have worked quite well for you.

Monte 199 December 17, 2018 05:57AM

XLT 's old and new . . . .

UtahRich 188 December 17, 2018 05:52PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018