Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nice detector pickthumbs up, and answered my question.

December 20, 2018 11:00AM avatar
I saw your Signature yesterday had an XLT in it and that got me wondering. I was going to e-mail but you've now satisfied that question plus one other. The other was that you didn't mention the Nokta CoRe in an earlier post of which detectors you are parting with.

I take it you're hanging onto the Minelab Equinox 800. Interesting, to me, that you are one of six people I personally know who bought the EQ-800. All of them are people I know who hunt older places like the iron littered RR ghost towns and other similar really challenging sites, and a couple of them are also avid Coin Hunters as well. Six people who bought a Minelab Equinox. And you are the Only one of the six I know who decided to keep the EQ-800.

The others sold or traded them, replacing them with a different brand detectors. The Nokta CoRe, and the Relic for denser iron contamination, are still my favorite models to grab in the more challenging sites I enjoy. The toughest iron filled places my Relic gets grabbed first, but in what some might consider to be 'average' ferrous litter I never hesitate to grab the Nokta CoRe. Both models are very, very tough to beat out in the real relic oriented world.

I am pleased to see you added an XLT into your detector outfit and bet that with a 6½" Concentric coil it will be a delight for you to use in some of your permission sites. Even the stock 950 might be OK for you in some yards and other open grassy sites. Simply due to weight and balance and the difficulties I'm having with my neck/shoulder/arm I've been trimming my outfit and am down to only two White's models. A modified Classic ID w/5½" Concentric, and the MX-7 with a three-coil set-up to help take on most any need I might have come my way.

By the way, the MX-7, or any of the White's products made today or in the past, can come close to the performance of the CoRe and Relic on some of the toughest nail and non-ferrous sample that I use, but they can not match the CoRe or Relic can do. No perfect detector so, with all that I favor, I pick them for the best performance they provide for various applications they excel at.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: FORS CoRe, FORS Relic, Racer 2 and Simplex+ .. Teknetics: T2+
Tesoro: Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX .. White's modified IDX Pro .. XP: ORX
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Looks like it is going to be a White's Christmas. . . . smiling bouncing smiley

UtahRich 288 December 20, 2018 01:14AM

Re: Looks like it is going to be a White's Christmas. . . . smiling bouncing smiley

Hombre 216 December 20, 2018 08:14PM

Re: Looks like it is going to be a White's Christmas. . . . smiling bouncing smiley

D&P-OR 172 December 28, 2018 09:50PM

Hombre 199 December 28, 2018 11:21PM

What's on the Screen is in the Ground ! eye rolling smiley

UtahRich 230 December 20, 2018 09:08PM

Rich(Utah) you acknowledged one of the XLT's strong points.

Monte 242 December 21, 2018 01:14AM

Signagraph . . . .

UtahRich 218 December 28, 2018 07:49PM

The Signagraph worked great on the XLT, and I haven't seen ...

Monte 208 December 29, 2018 01:38PM

GA1dad 246 December 20, 2018 07:36PM

What ? An XLT ?

UtahRich 167 December 20, 2018 09:18PM

Re: What ? An XLT ?

GA1dad 207 December 20, 2018 10:01PM

jmaryt 198 December 20, 2018 08:45PM

I'm Going to XLT School -

UtahRich 185 December 20, 2018 09:25PM

Re: I'm Going to XLT School - Me too, hear our Professor is tops in his field smiling smiley N/T

Druid 155 January 10, 2019 09:59PM

Re: I'm Going to XLT School -

jmaryt 173 December 20, 2018 11:05PM

Nice detector pickthumbs up, and answered my question.

Monte 243 December 20, 2018 11:00AM

Very Nice XLT - Current list of detectors . . AC / DC sensitivity

UtahRich 244 December 20, 2018 08:55PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018