Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It's a 'sleeper' because White's let us down.sad smiley

January 10, 2019 02:23PM avatar
When they progressed the Classic SL series with the Classic ID and then added adjustment function Classic IDX, morphed to the rename IDX Pro, those were noteworthy decisions.thumbs up

When they failed to enhance their product by simply adding a factory designed model with user adjustable Threshold and manual Ground Balance controls, that was a bad decision, in my opinion, because that is what really enhances the versatility of these models.thumbs down

When they didn't focus enough marketing to both consumers and established White's Dealers to help promote these models and instead push mainly the higher-dollar products, that was a bad move.thumbs down

Then when they abandoned these two very proven, performance-based and affordable models only to replace them with the plastic Prism series that had a delayed response time and equally slower recovery time, and didn't even offer smaller-size Concentric coils for the new series, that was downright dumb.thumbs down

I'd gladly take my modified Classic ID with the one search coil I keep mounted and invite anyone using any of the lower-end offerings they have brought to market since they dropped the Classic series and ask them to join me in some really challenging places I hunt and try to come close to matching the in-the-field performance of the Classic ID. It just isn't going to happen. It's as if they made a R&D decision to discontinue a product line, replace it with a more troublesome set of models, and years later never wake up to see the errors of their ways and only continue changing colors, models names and not wake-up and offer us some noteworthy improvements in a newer and better model.

I have enjoyed a number of White's models since I first started using this brand the summer of 1968, but there have been, and are, many models that seem to be putting White's a rung or two lower on the ladder as time goes by.

Just personal opinions based on ample in-the-field experiences with the good ones and the bad.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: FORS CoRe, FORS Relic, Racer 2 and Simplex+
Tesoro: Bandido II ┬ÁMAX and Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX .. XP: ORX
Specialty-Use Outfit: Fisher: F-44 .. White's: XLT and modified IDX Pro
Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Grey Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Your Favorite White's Detector to Date is . . . . . . .

UtahRich 292 December 28, 2018 10:38PM

Re: Your Favorite White's Detector to Date is . . . . . .MXT Pro, but.... .

Druid 250 January 08, 2019 12:14PM

NWCindy 203 January 08, 2019 08:01PM

Druid 203 January 08, 2019 10:57PM

It's a 'sleeper' because White's let us down.sad smiley

Monte 263 January 10, 2019 02:23PM

Re: It's a 'sleeper' because White's let us down.sad smiley

jmaryt 234 January 10, 2019 09:58PM

What replaced my original MXT ... and so on.

Monte 261 January 11, 2019 11:08AM

Re: What replaced my original MXT ... and so on.

jmaryt 183 January 12, 2019 03:02PM

Segmented Target ID's - Thoughts of the 90's

UtahRich 206 January 10, 2019 09:53PM

Re: Your Favorite White's Detector to Date is . . . . . . .

zincoln 205 January 01, 2019 10:29PM

My favorite detector ever would be.......

Hombre 236 December 29, 2018 12:50PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 34
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018