Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Like you, I am also trying to prepare.

January 20, 2019 04:26PM avatar
The easiest part is being mentally prepared to get out and put in some detecting time to find stuff. For that, I am always ready, mentally, regardless of the season, because I always stay familiar with my detectors and learn as much as I can or keep my memory refreshed about their abilities. I never remove batteries until it is time to change to a fresh set. They get used ... all of them, any season.

Unfortunately, I am also facing the frustrations I have with limiting health issues and a loss of strength and mobility in my right shoulder, arm and hand. I have been adjusting the detectors in my Regular Use Outfit to be the lightest and easiest for me to work with. That means I have been and am thinning out quite a few models that are a current favorite or trusted performers that served me well just several years ago. I've had four doctors who, since 1991, have encouraged me to find a different hobby and step away from metal detecting due to my balance issues, bad back, knee, leg and foot.

Well, I'm going to be as stubborn as possible and hang in there as long as I can, but I just have to trim down my outfit and really lighten things up. I might even put my choice modified Classic ID up for sale plus one or two more newer models.

That's my approach to preparing for spring's arrival, and like most folks I sure hope it gets here soon.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher: F-44, Nokta-Makro: FORS CoRe and FORS Relic,
Tesoro: Bandido II ┬ÁMAX and Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX, White's: XLT, XP: ORX
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Almost fully prepared for spring

Jamie 236 January 20, 2019 01:45PM

Like you, I am also trying to prepare.

Monte 161 January 20, 2019 04:26PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018