Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Detector picks and coil selections.

February 08, 2019 06:07AM avatar
Rich (Utah)
I have one of the later MXT models, the All Pro - I like having the ground grab button and a few other things.
While there wasn't a significant circuitry change from the original MXT to the MXT Pro, they did make some nice 'Functional' changes by adding the Backlight, easy switching of Relic mode functions and adding Tone ID to the Coin & Jewelry mode, and I also really liked the Ground Grab function.thumbs up

The ONLY difference between the MXT Pro and All-Pro version were adding the All' label on the sides of the control housing, and the standard issue search coil. When they initially made the change in 2013 they offered the MXT All-Pro with the new 10" D2 DD coil and as a bonus they included the open-frame 9" Concentric coil. Honestly, I fee that should have been the 'standard' coil and just forget the problem 10" D2 DD. I had a number of those 10" DD coils that were faulty and had to be returned and replaced, one of them two times.

Rich (Utah)
Which Search coils for which detectors ? Well, I currently have my MXT parked in the closet due to lack of time. IF I get some time to devote to it, I'll get another 5.3 eclipse coil. The question is; will I get time to devote to it ?

I am also debating if I want to try one of the bigfoot style coils for jewelry hunting on large sports fields. I can go a couple different routes here, BIGFOOT for a White's or the large coil for the Tesoro's. They aren't cheap coils and I haven't made my mind up if I want to go that route.

The last several weeks I've picked up a coil for my XLT, FORS CoRe and Bandido 2 µMax; all coils that are smaller than stock. I have the FORS CoRe and Bandido 2 µMax parked in the closet with the MXT while I spend time with the XLT. Of course, I really need winter to relent so I can actually get out hunting.

Rich -
Getting the 6½" Concentric for the MXT Pro is a #1 good idea, IMHO.

As for the Bigfoot (XLT) or CleanSweep (Tesoro) coils, I guess if they work for you that's good, but they never tripped my trigger. I tried both of them, mainly fo working sports fields, but I never found them to be all that useful. At least not for me and he many sport fields I had to hunt around the greater Portland Oregon metro area.

But I can guarantee I am with you on the last wish to have better weather to be able to get out. I know that Gregg & I only had about three days to get out due to the very cold weather we've had. We have been way below our annual snowfall average (12½" a year) here in Vale, but it has been cold. Very frozen hard ground and too nippy for me to enjoy.

I'm sure you've been enjoying confused smiley much more snow where you live and get around, and we're going to maybe get a week-long period of snowy weather starting about noon today and on through next Thursday according to this morning's forecast. So, like you, I am also eager for really good springtime weather here, and looking ahead on the weather predictors' forecast, it might come about March 21st.

Oh well, as long as we get it early enough for me to get some hunting in to limber-up for the WTHO's in May and June I'll be doing OK.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher: F-44, Nokta-Makro: FORS CoRe and FORS Relic,
Tesoro: Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX, White's: XLT, XP: ORX
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Rich, how is that XLT working out?

OregonGregg 190 January 26, 2019 12:17PM

XLT is Progressing

UtahRich 179 January 26, 2019 03:18PM

Re: XLT is Progressing

OregonGregg 176 January 26, 2019 05:22PM

Sitting around waiting for good weather can get expensive.

UtahRich 171 February 04, 2019 05:57PM

Oh, how true. Waiting to get to use these → cool smiley I end up ...

Monte 183 February 05, 2019 09:43AM

Bullseye 5.3 -

UtahRich 162 February 05, 2019 03:33PM

Re: Bullseye 5.3 -

NWCindy 145 February 08, 2019 06:16PM

Bullseye 5.3 - just delivered today

UtahRich 102 February 08, 2019 10:54PM

Re: Bullseye 5.3 - just delivered today

NWCindy 134 February 09, 2019 12:02AM

Re: Bullseye 5.3 - just delivered today

NWCindy 131 February 08, 2019 11:48PM

Re: Bullseye 5.3 -

Monte 122 February 06, 2019 02:10PM

Coils Coils Coils

UtahRich 122 February 07, 2019 04:27PM

Monte 162 February 08, 2019 06:07AM

UtahRich 95 February 08, 2019 01:47PM

The 'Enhanced' MXT ... ITHA ... Winter

Monte 157 February 09, 2019 07:43AM

"Project Machine" aka Another OregonGregg Boondoggle Attachments

OregonGregg 209 February 05, 2019 10:52AM

Re: "Project Machine" aka Another OregonGregg Boondoggle

Druid 153 February 06, 2019 09:06PM

OregonGregg 134 February 07, 2019 08:07AM

Druid 125 February 07, 2019 01:13PM

Have a coil coming. Thanks Jim ( Dirtdigger) N/T

OregonGregg 113 February 06, 2019 02:08AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018