Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

White's Eagle series . . . .

February 14, 2019 01:10PM avatar
Monte
The 'original' White's Eagle was a first step forward from White's, and it kind of worked but had glitches, so they came out with the Eagle II and also offered an update chip for the original Eagle. Some had one and liked it and said it worked for them, but how much hunting did they do, how much did they really know about detectors, and just how good, or bad, were those models?

Good question - I had an original Eagle and used it in tandem with the 6" Eliminator Coil. At the time, I was hunting a lot. This is one of my favorite detector/coil combinations and I regret selling them. I passed on the update chip when it came out. When the Eagle II came out with the new style coils, I decided to change. I didn't care for the Eagle II. Some guys loved it. How much did I really know about detectors at the time? (sub-rookie, dumber than a rock, slow on the uptake, etc. etc.) I will say that while I was (am) very ignorant of detectors compared to Monte, my results were excellent.

Monte
Then the last step they made was to the slimmer housing and improved display and circuitry of the Eagle Spectrum which wasn't too bad, and that was the last model before they took care of doing better engineering and both circuitry design and physical packaging and brought out the Spectrum XLT Version 1.0 then very soon updated that to the Version 1.1 and that basic software version stayed the rest of the XLT's life. The XLT e-series was simply a move to get rid of the rainbow decal and change from the unrepairable thin 950 coil to the new 950 that could be repaired.

They got it right and had a really impressive top-end detector. thumbs up

I wouldn't concern myself at all with any of the predecessors to the XLT.

Biased but experienced,

Monte

I recently acquired a very nice XLT e-series (the used market is very soft and there are some great detectors being sold for very little $$) and a 5.3 Bullseye coil and am hoping to put it to work in some of the local parks, etc and see what it can turn up for me.

Rich (Utah)

XP Deus (soon)
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Subject Author Views Posted

Whites Eagle series good, bad or indifferent?

Druid 100 February 14, 2019 11:26AM

I'd pass on anything with 'Eagle' as a prefix.

Monte 113 February 14, 2019 12:50PM

White's Eagle series . . . .

Rich (Utah) 100 February 14, 2019 01:10PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018