Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CAN you have too many coils?

February 26, 2019 06:21PM avatar
Jamie
Very nice collection! I finally have all of the same coils. It’s good to be prepared.

Can you have too many coils?

My answer to this question would be answered with another question; Am I buying a coil because I have a specific need for it or am I buying a coil(s) simply because I think I may have need of it somewhere down the road?

If I have an application in mind that can't be handled by something I already have, I generally feel good about picking up a specific coil to do the job. Generally, coils are an investment, sometimes a significant investment like for a Minelab or XP machine. eye popping smiley Some hard to get specialty coils can run up in the same monetary neighborhood. Having several hundred dollars or more tied up in coils that never see the light of day MIGHT not be the best investment for your detecting dollar. Perhaps that money could be better spent on a trip to a WTHO. grinning smiley

I have several coils that I thought I MIGHT use, but actually have very little time on them. Come to think of it, I have a few detectors bought with the same idea.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth.

Rich (Utah)

Deus
EQ800
CoRe

Pardon the user name Tweak - from Rich (Utah) to UtahRich.  Yes it is me. 
Subject Author Views Posted

Couple of new coils 6.59KHz

Druid 183 February 26, 2019 01:20PM

I have a few coils....

Hombre 96 March 10, 2019 06:37PM

Coils neede to be 'well equipped.'

Monte 138 February 27, 2019 12:43AM

can you have too many coils? No

Jamie 114 February 26, 2019 04:53PM

CAN you have too many coils?

UtahRich 127 February 26, 2019 06:21PM

Very good post, especially saving $$$ for a WTHO. thumbs up N/T

Monte 122 February 26, 2019 11:47PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018