Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I also got my 1st XLT in June of '94.

July 05, 2019 02:26AM avatar
I was driving back home to Oregon after a ghost town visit in southern Utah then a week giving a class in Prescott AZ. I stopped at Chucks Detectors, if I recall, in Salt Lake City, UT and traded in my choice condition 5900 towards the XLT. Swapped my 6½" Concentric to the XLT and put it to work on my travels home. One of my ALL-TIME favorite detectors, and after 51 years of using a White's branded detector, it is perhaps my favorite of the 'Top Five' White's detectors I have owned.

Like you, I have owned 4, maybe 5, DFX's to try and like them .... I didn't and still don't. The only thing I liked about the DFX over the XLT was the visual display components. Of all the detector models I have ever owned, there is one model I have bought and then sold or traded more than any other, and that's the XLT. I'd do to acquire a new unit, then be left unenthused about the new product while also missing an old faithful friend. The answer to that was to reacquire another XLT.

My acquisition number as I tracked down another XLT continued to grow, and when I started to concentrate on more out-of-the-way Relic Hunting sites I had much less need for an XLT, so I didn't missed having one around, at least a little bit. Then seasons would change, or my health would, and I'd get doing more urban Coin Hunting and there was a niche that only an XLT could fill, so it was time for one more. I'd get to a point where I figured I reacquired my last XLT and wouldn't let it go, but things happened.

Finally, well, almost finally, I ended up with a very nice condition XLT and a Blue Max 600 6½" Concentric coil. That combination found over half of my silver coins last year and I hadn't planed to let it go. But the fall I had last April really messed up my neck and right shoulder to the point I could do very little detecting, and the weight of the XLT, even though still comfortable, was not so good on my neck or my right shoulder and arm.

I let the doctor slit my throat last August and mend the problems with my cervical spine and fuse me back together. That immediately removed the pain associated with the neck issues as well as my right shoulder and arm. That was good. But along with other health limitations I keep putting up with, I lost a lot of strength and mobility in my right arm. He, and two other doctors, told me that if all went well it would taker a year, or possibly even two, and I might regain up-to 80% of my strength and mobility in my right arm and shoulder.

Time passed, slowly I guess, and I figured I just couldn't handle a bigger-size detector and in a moment of mental weakness I let it go. I hope Drew is enjoying it. Maybe with a different search coil and he doesn't like the white colored Blue Max 600 and wants to sell it?thinking I really miss that coil and could use it on .... what else ..., my current XLT. By March or April mobility improved a little and I had regained about 60% of my strength and mobility. They told me it's possible that I might still get a little more, or maybe not, but I bought XLT #33 to, once again, fill a void in my detector arsenal

It's in 'OK' condition with just one or two typical wear/use blemishes, but I like my detectors new, as new, or close to showroom condition .. just ask anyone who knows me and sees my Detector Outfit. In May, while in Utah for an Outing, I traded a pristine condition MXT All-Pro I got from UtahRich back to him for a pristine condition XLT This is XLT #34 and this time I really mean it. It is not going anywhere. Not until I pass away or absolutely can no longer get out detecting. I have XLT #33 up for sale, along with several other detectors, as I am still trimming my Regular-Use Detector Outfit down to just my very favorites models from recent years to currently produced.

About the only mode I use is my custom 'Bushwhack' program ,and it is pretty hot but works just fine for where I usually Coin Hunt. That's all I used yesterday, on the 4th, and for the next week or two I am using only my XLT and Bandido II microMAX.

I hope Jack puts in ample time and patience to use the XLT and learn what it can provide. Really a very nice model that can complement other detectors in someone's outfit.thumbs up

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher: F-44, Nokta-Makro: FORS CoRe and FORS Relic, Teknetics: Omega 8000,
Tesoro: Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX, White's: XLT, XP: ORX
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Bigfoot coil on VX3/V3I

Kraemer 77 June 27, 2019 02:23PM

Bigfoot coil on VX3/V3I

UtahRich 43 June 29, 2019 03:53AM

Surprised to read of that Bigfoot working on a 'Spectra' series model.

Monte 49 June 29, 2019 05:37AM

Re: Surprised to read of that Bigfoot working on a 'Spectra' series model.

Kraemer 41 June 29, 2019 08:31AM

Looking for an XLT? Get that BigFoot coil mounted on the right detector!

Monte 53 June 29, 2019 11:49PM

Found an XLT and am waiting for it now!

Kraemer 43 July 01, 2019 10:32AM

I bought my XLT new in 1994 when they first went on sale.

Hombre 50 July 04, 2019 07:30PM

XLT .

Kraemer 35 July 05, 2019 05:52PM

Enjoying my XLT and getting the most out of it.

Monte 37 July 06, 2019 07:55AM

I also got my 1st XLT in June of '94.

Monte 40 July 05, 2019 02:26AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018