Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A corrected version, by personal requests.

August 05, 2019 10:13AM
yup! and steve howard is a decent guy as well! i just wish they would get their act squared away and not lose any further ground to foreign suppliers.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

J.T., I found, and several others have e-mailed me as they also found, this and some other's posts to be a bit 'rough' in the language department. I'm going to have to start cleaning up more posts and ask forum participants to make an effort to not be offensive. We have readers of all ages and I care not to be offensive.

As for White's, or any other manufacturer, there's no harm in being honest and stating our likes or dislikes since we can all form our own opinions. I started using them in the summer of '68, and I have HAD some decent models from them along the way. I've known several people I really liked down there ... but most of them are gone! Some by their choice and some were let go. I can only think of one, if he's still there, who I find favor with.

As for the company's longevity in this business, I believe their days are numbered. No new, decent engineers that I've heard about, have come on board, too many over-priced models that are also lacking modern refinements, and the competition from the Australian, French and Turkish manufacturers have them way out-classed. They are the front-runners in the metal detecting industry and their products offer a lot of newness and performance at a lot more competitive, aka lower, retail prices. You can only tread water for so long.

Nothing very enticing announced or hinted about from Sweet Home, Oregon, and I know the next brand new detector that will be in my hands will be the Simplex +. With a retail of $299 for a new, waterproof package and all the designed-in features, there's no way White's Treasure Pro, retailing at $499.95 can even come close. I have a borrowed unit here that I use to compare with other detectors, and there's simply no worthy comparison. Just my personal views.

Monte

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2019 12:49AM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

Whites customer service

Kraemer 145 August 03, 2019 03:36PM

Re: Whites customer service

RickUK 119 August 05, 2019 05:01AM

D&P-OR 95 August 03, 2019 07:22PM

jmaryt 165 August 03, 2019 07:35PM

D&P-OR 147 August 03, 2019 09:15PM

A corrected version, by personal requests.

jmaryt 182 August 05, 2019 10:13AM

silverhound2 132 August 05, 2019 06:31PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018