Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Best model of the XLT series for inland gold jewelry hunting I would go with the "E" series

September 10, 2019 04:54PM avatar
Hi Randy ! (username "Hombre),

Yes, That was back in April, 2011 and you were helping me learn how to properly Ground Balance my Bandido II µMax. I did learn to GB my Bandido and found some coins at parks thanks to your help, but then along came Digger27 at Friendly Metal Detecting Forums and the same guy as digger27 at Treasure Net website with his posts and photos of gold and silver he had found with the used Tesoro Compadre he got from Skiwhiz and his thumbing up and down the arc method and I was sold on the Tesoro "C" ! That machines ability, light weight (2.2lbs.) and price were right for me, so I bought one and it has been my "go-to" detector ever since and still is, although I do alternate occasionally with my Teknetics Gamma 6000 digital, which is especially great at coin hunting and I'm sure it will signal gold and silver jewelry if under the coil.

Well, back to the earlier days, our drapery business continued to suffer from the economic slump at that time, so we had to down-size and move from Williamsburg and go East to Mount Orab and then finally to Georgetown, Ohio where we now live in an Apartment.

Now at age 78 with Diabetes and Parkinson's diseases, due to the latter causing imbalance on occasion even with meds., the BMV in Ohio terminated my drivers license, so I'm totally dependent on my wife to drive me everywhere, including the parks to metal detect while she waits in the car.

My energy level is only good for approx. 2 hours depending on how hot and humid the weather is, plus she's waiting in the car, so I have to keep my hunts short.

In 13½ years of metal detecting I have not found any valuable gold or silver Jewelry, except for one possibly valuable gold-colored man's necklace which is non-magnetic with a neodymium, but I haven't tested it with acids yet, loads of current coins and a few pieces of costume jewelry is all, so my focus is now on hunting for valuable jewelry to sell on the street and/or send to a foundry like ARA or Midwest Refineries, LLC for melt/assay value.

With the above in mind, I've been reading several of Clive James Clynick's books on inland gold and silver hunting and on page #4 of his book The Gold Jewelry Hunter's Handbook: Finding Lost Gold at Beach, Park and Shoreline Metal Detecting Sites he recommended the White's XLT and DFX detectors as being machines with "complex notch" and the infinite capability to block out parts of the conductive scale, allowing the user to develop "Ring Enhancement Programs", thus my interest in the XLT series machines (the DFX being a bit more complex to learn and use for my preference and more costly.).

Thanks much for your help in narrowing down the particular XLT models that I should focus on in my quest to find valuable gold and silver !

HH !

ToddB64

Teknetics Gamma 6000, Tesoro Bandido ⅡµMax and Compadre, White's Classic Ⅱ, Garrett Ace250, Pro-Pointer AT, Treasure Products Vibra-Probe 570, Cen-Tech Pinpointer, Lesche Digger, Tabdog Digger Replica, Detect USA RatphonesMax Headphones, Janster Coin Probe.
Subject Author Views Posted

Best model of the XLT series for inland gold jewelry hunting

ToddB64 147 September 08, 2019 12:37PM

Re: Best model of the XLT series for inland gold jewelry hunting

zincoln 83 September 10, 2019 10:45PM

ToddB64 68 September 11, 2019 02:36PM

jmaryt 64 September 11, 2019 07:27PM

ToddB64 66 September 12, 2019 07:38AM

jmaryt and ToddB64 ... detector picks and gold jewelry.

Monte 78 September 12, 2019 11:34PM

jmaryt 73 September 12, 2019 12:18PM

Re: Best model of the XLT series for inland gold jewelry hunting I would go with the "E" series

Hombre 120 September 10, 2019 11:44AM

ToddB64 104 September 10, 2019 04:54PM

Hey Todd, sent you a PM, look in your mailbox hereWhite's Electronics N/T

Hombre 48 September 11, 2019 08:19PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018