Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

End-of-Year Clearance Sale --- Trimming my Detector Outfit.

November 28, 2019 02:49PM avatar
This year has really been a struggle for me. The weather wasn't all that cooperative for a lot of the year, limiting my opportunities to get out hunting.

It started out with me still recovering from my cervical spine surgery and right shoulder / rotator cuff injury, but I did manage to get restored to about 70% of my strength and mobility. Unfortunately, that's about all that will happen, and other health issues, I guess kind of associated with age, diabetes and other things doesn't help. Then a new health issue since early September also limited my mobility and comfort, sometimes difficult to kneel down for target recover and get back up. So that didn't help my detecting this year either.

A few detectors I had, or still have, are not too terribly heavy, but just enough that I have been thinning out a lot of my duplicates and even long-time favorites. I vowed I would hang onto some of them until I just couldn't go detecting any more, but I reckon I'm about to the point where hunt time is more limited, and to hang in there I've been trimming to the lightest and better-balanced detector / coil set-up I can.

This year I have added some to my line-up that fit my needs and wants. I did add a brand new Makro Racer 2 w/7" Concentric back in, and a modified White's IDX Pro that will keep a 6½" Concentric mounted.. Then an XP ORX w/5X9½ DD HF coil, and it is so light weight and comfortable for me to use, I bought another with the 9" X35 DD coil I still have the Teknetics T2+ and Fisher F44 that I acquired about the tail-end of last year or early this tear, and I keep a 5" DD on the T2+ and 7" Concentric on the F44.

Everything shown in my Signature below is where I am today, and likely all of them are going to hang around until my detecting career comes to an end. Just a few left to thin out. Note, if you will, that the last new addition to my Outfit arrived yesterday, the Nokta / Makro Simplex +, and it will be accompanied by one or two other units as a 'Travel Companion' to have in my vehicle full-time just in case I chance upon an opportunity.

Have you thought through your detector line-up? Anything not being used much or just ignored? Might be time to do some 'thinning' of your own.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: 4 models .. Teknetics: 1 model
Tesoro: 2 models .. White's 1 model .. XP: 1 model
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

End-of-Year Clearance Sale --- Trimming my Detector Outfit.

Monte 81 November 28, 2019 02:49PM

Trimming my Detectors

UtahRich 37 November 28, 2019 11:15PM

Yes, indeed, there are some advantages to an 'assortmnt.'

Monte 36 November 29, 2019 03:52AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018