Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tony, ... now you've gone and done it.

January 15, 2020 06:31AM avatar
Just when I figured I can stop shopping for any other old-time 'favorites' of mine, you post photos of a gorgeous-looking XL Pro. Those are getting more and more difficult to find, especially in that condition. They used those wonderful needle-meters and produced such an excellent TID display, so pamper that unit as best you can. The fact that with the modern-day trend to digital LCD type equipment, those displays on the 5900 Di Pro and XL Pro , and former models that used that meter, became unavailable. That meant the end of such fine detectors.

Other parts were also getting difficult for them to acquire, like the 4-position Mode switch and such, so time marched on to more 'modern' detectors. And today, in my opinion, today's best model of them all in their catalog or website is the MX-7. A lot of detector and features and performance at a very reasonable price.

The MX-Sport, with the same circuitry is a consideration if waterproof is needed, but the MX-7 is far more comfortable to use. I feel the 2nd best model they still list is the MXT All Pro, which is simply an MXT Pro with an 'All' sticker. I don't like the 10" DD coil it comes with, and the MSRP should have been trimmed down a lot a few years ago as it is over-priced by today's standards. But when looking at performance, it is better than their other up-line models and I feel it is just a smidgeon behind the MX-7

By comparison, however, considering what they have offered and what's produced by them today, your XL Pro and MX-7 are exactly the two models I feel make two of the best three White's anyone could have. (The 3rd for that group would be a modified IDX Pro like I have here in my den. Another choice specimen they made and never should have stopped.) If they had such a needle-meter available today, and had an up-to-date engineering staff like they used to, I sure would like to see the XL Pro become a new and available model again.

Until that happens I'll have to start keeping a closer watch for a duplicate of your prize find come available. I have the coils, just need a pristine XL Pro!thumbs up

Thanks for the encouragement and the photos, and best of success afield.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Nokta / Makro: FORS CoRe, FORS Relic, Racer 2 and Simplex + also using Makro and Pulse-Dive Pinpointers
Tesoro: Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX ... White's: modified IDX Pro ... XP: ORX ... Fisher: F44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' and 'Wasp' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

XL PRO & MX7 perfection Attachments

Tony 63 January 15, 2020 02:37AM

Re: XL PRO & MX7 perfection

UtahRich 32 January 15, 2020 07:27AM

Tony, ... now you've gone and done it.

Monte 40 January 15, 2020 06:31AM

Re: Tony, ... now you've gone and done it.

Tony 24 January 15, 2020 07:57PM

jmaryt 21 January 15, 2020 09:43PM

Tony 23 January 16, 2020 12:40AM

Taking A Step Back . . . . . In Time

UtahRich 31 January 15, 2020 12:49PM

"Could be fun to have a 'retro' day out at the WTHO" .. thinking

Monte 20 January 15, 2020 10:54PM

DirtDigger 34 January 15, 2020 12:34PM

MX-7, MX-5 and MXT Pro as well as search coils used.

Monte 25 January 15, 2020 10:27PM

Tony 27 January 15, 2020 07:55PM

DirtDigger 20 January 15, 2020 10:59PM

Tony 27 January 16, 2020 12:52AM

jmaryt 16 January 16, 2020 10:34PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018