Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The XL Pro is working well for you.thumbs up

March 17, 2020 05:19AM avatar
I know it was one of the more reliable and enjoyable White's models I ever used. You know, I got thinking about the 'no audible beep' experience you had, and I remember I was paying attention to the tuning and set-up on those two times I mentioned it occurring to me, but that was because I was intentionally listening for it.

The last few hours I've kept thinking about it and now I recall that I would always be attentive of the 'Air' beep because that alerted me it was time to lower the coil to the ground to get the 'Ground' beep .... but since it's been a while I had forgotten that there were a good number of times I didn't hear a 'Ground' Beep with either the many XLT's I've had or the 6000 Pro XL's and renamed XL Pro's I've owned. And in every case I'd check using the All Metal Pinpoint function and if I was 'spot on' or very slightly positive, I Locked the GB toggle and carried on. I never liked using the Auto-Tracking feature except when the terrain was an issue. And I think thee was/is a faster-acting 'Ground' beep once it's analyzed the ground signal that is different from the intensity or pronounced audio report of the 'Air' beep.

At times, and in some soil environments, I couldn't find a rock or good spot of ground to get a functional GB before I 'locked' the GB toggle, so I would allow the device to Auto-Track for a short while. I would periodically pause and check the GB using the Pinpoint mode during the first five r ten minutes of a hunt, and one I noted a desired GB, I would 'lock' the toggle and save that GB setting and continue searching w/o tracking being used.

So I wasn't always paying attention to the 'beeps' because I was just going through the maneuvers until I found a desired GB and then 'locked' that setting.

Anyway, we're heading into Spring season this week and you're going from Summer into Fall so I am hoping we both end up with a good period of decent, huntable weather.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: I rely on an assortment of personal favorites I happen to like that work for me when and where I need them.
Pinpointers: Makro & Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... Detector Pro's Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

XL Pro....... no GB “ground beep”

Tony 54 March 16, 2020 04:49PM

It happened to me, if I recall, twice.

Monte 36 March 17, 2020 01:43AM

Re: It happened to me, if I recall, twice.

Tony 24 March 17, 2020 04:54AM

The XL Pro is working well for you.thumbs up

Monte 27 March 17, 2020 05:19AM

Re: The XL Pro is working well for you.thumbs up

Tony 31 March 18, 2020 02:33AM

XL Pro .. Locked GB .. High Sig. Bal. but stable .. 8" Royal 800 = Great set-up.thumbs up N/T

Monte 27 March 18, 2020 04:31AM

Re: XL Pro....... no GB “ground beep”

flintstone 41 March 16, 2020 06:06PM

Re: XL Pro....... no GB “ground beep”

Tony 37 March 16, 2020 07:15PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018