Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My All-Time Favorites from White's include:

May 14, 2020 11:26AM avatar
The absolute best silver-coin finding Target ID model I ever used, the XLT. Main coils used were the 6½" concentric in average trashier places, preferring the Blue Max 600 but a 5.3 Bullseye was a close second pick. For day-to-day open-area hunting I preferred the burgundy-colored 8" Concentric.

A very close favorite to the XLT was the 6000 Pro XL, later renamed the XL Pro. I mean a 'very close' rival to the XLT and I also preferred the same two search coils for the bulk of my needs.

Next down my 'favorites' list is a modified IDX Pro that saw most work with a 6½" Concentric but in really brushy or trashy confined spaces I opted for the 4½" Concentric, the Blue Max 350.

Another very close rival to the modified IDX Pro was an also modified Classic ID, using the same two favorite search coils.

Finally, there is "The Threesome" .... those are 3 models I also enjoyed, just about equally. They were somewhat similar and yet quite different, but all served a similar role as units I liked to have 'along-for-the-rid' as general purpose detectors. Those include, in order or release, the MXT Pro, the MX-5 and the MX-7. And for my wants and needs and site challenges, they were all at-their best with a 6½" Concentric coil mounted.

Looking back to my very first factory-produced detector, a White's GhostTowner BFO in August of '68, I have owned or used just about all of the White's models through the years. Some I liked, but the above constitute my 'favorite' offerings from White's.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Vanquish 540; CoRe, Relic, Impact & Simplex +; Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX; ORX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

All-time fave whites

Harold,ILL. 75 May 13, 2020 06:06AM

My All-Time Favorites from White's include:

Monte 52 May 14, 2020 11:26AM

All-time fave whites

UtahRich 48 May 13, 2020 06:18PM

Re: All-time fave whites

jmaryt 68 May 13, 2020 07:56PM

UtahRich 61 May 13, 2020 08:54PM

Harold,ILL. 48 May 14, 2020 04:24AM

All-time fave whites

UtahRich 49 May 14, 2020 07:26AM

jmaryt 54 May 13, 2020 09:34PM

jmaryt 53 May 13, 2020 09:25AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 34
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018