Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: One of the latest White's multi-model product tests.

May 20, 2020 10:59AM
Monte - it fell a little flat. I think it's likely a daughter or possibly intern, but probably daughter doing this at home while under lock-down. I think the illustration was fine, but wouldn't really call it a marketing video and not apples/apples.

I agree that they should have picked like sized coils for the objective - probably a smaller coil for all machines. I don't think they did themselves any favors as the results may look completely different when you mount a different coil, or adjust some settings, and run this over real ground...and may point to an advantage on a different machine.

My testing has shown the White's machines, when using prospecting mode, to behave better with a concentric coil. I've not tested my full suite of coils, but i would not expect the V3i w/ a 10DD to work as well as when mounted with the 5.3 coil - i've seen this in action when finding small gold items urban areas. The smaller coil will likely achieve the same or better depth given target size and be more reactive to it. In this instance, it sounds like its in prospecting mode, which means it should be running the single 22.5 kHz frequency. No idea of other adjustments. That said, the V3i would not be my preferred machine for nugget hunting...as i've not figured out how to get reasonable depth while quieting the noise in the field, looking for nuggets.

The MX7 and GMX will be very similar to my MX Sport which outperformed the V3i on a 3 grain nugget test I was running...using the 6" concentric, or the 7"DD which had similar behavior. Also using prospecting mode. Frankly, i think using the coin/jewelry program set up to accept low VDI targets is possibly as good an option - but i have very little experience looking for nuggets. I've found 3 grain 22k gold items in urban areas using the 7" DD and C/J accepting VDIs to -20. Funny that I've never dug gold below 0....always pot metal jewelry or similar items...possibly w/ plating.

If i were to speak w/ any authority, i'd want to have some real hours in the field trying to make this work. When you move from the air test to a nugget lying on the dessert floor, things don't behave as nicely and the entire result would probably change, likely favoring the higher frequency 24k machine w/ the small coil. And, around some old mining sites, its unbelievable how many square nails of all sizes are strewn about the ground, even a half mile from historic buildings.....apparently part of flume/screen/etc apparatus as many are quite small...that keep the noise levels up....along w/ the gradient of stones mixed in w/ the dirt and other flora.

My 2c.

Zincoln
Subject Author Views Posted

One of the latest White's multi-model product tests.

Monte 100 May 20, 2020 03:57AM

Re: One of the latest White's multi-model product tests.

zincoln 56 May 20, 2020 10:59AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 37
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018