Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Now you don't see me, Now you do . . . confused smiley

May 26, 2020 04:20PM avatar
The 13-S is a good one. thumbs up

As for coming back later and finding more in the immediate vicinity - I've had the same experience many times over the years.

Odd behaviors: I've removed some deep keeper targets and have re-swept only to have a remnant signal there for a short period. It's like the ground remembers there was a metallic object there. Then is dissipates and is gone. I've removed the dirt and re-scanned all of it and the hole. Very Carefully. Nothing. Back in goes the dirt.

I've often thought I had a rusty nail or some other like item that broke apart as I removed the dirt a second time. But no signal and no all-metal signal either. Very strange.

And then as you mentioned after removing a target and checked the immediate area for other targets, no signal. And then after a time, and the ground has had a chance to normalize, something that couldn't be seen earlier is now visible to the coil. What changes over that short time to allow you to see / detect that nearby target that couldn't been seen just a short time previous?

Rich -

π
Subject Author Views Posted

A few keepers with the IDX Attachments

zincoln 87 May 25, 2020 08:31PM

Congratulations ... twice.

Monte 46 May 26, 2020 08:31PM

Now you don't see me, Now you do . . . confused smiley

UtahRich 47 May 26, 2020 04:20PM

Re: Now you don't see me, Now you do . . . confused smiley

OregonGregg 51 May 26, 2020 04:41PM

Re: Now you don't see me, Now you do . . . confused smiley

EL NINO 47 May 31, 2020 01:57AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018