Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My take on what I've seen coming and how things are today.

June 19, 2020 08:00PM avatar
EL NINO
I want to believe that it is only a temporary suspension of production at Whites ....
I don't see that. They have been without a CEO for several years now. They haven't had a decent design engineer since Carl M. left. Their new-model introduction and marketing has been absolutely terrible , such as the MX Sport, and most models have been way over-priced in MSRP compared with the overall industry trend. They did bring out a very good land-based model in the MX-7. It uses the overhauled and fixed MX Sport circuitry, but in a very nice land-based package and priced right where it should be for market share. The problems include lack of marketing like we see from competitor's from the USA and abroad. The they offer products with the wrong size and type of standard coil. They ignored using a more 'modern-looking' 9" spoked Concentric in favor of the antiquated 950. But overall, it boils down to terrible marketing they did, and not enough good marketing to promote their products.

EL NINO
.. and it is in this period of Covid y that I would even understand ...
No, the Covid 19 virus effected everyone, not just White's, and others have managed to trudge ahead. I felt the Coved 19 excuse was pretty lame.

EL NINO
I still think Whites can produce enough professional class detectors...
I don't, and it has to be a "Professional" level product, and be well marketed, and be competitively priced, and they haven't done that. The MXT Pro has still been currently listed at $899.95 MSRP and that is way over-priced for what it offers in today's market. The MX-7, and MX Sport for water hunters, and perhaps the GM 24K are the best of what they have been making and offering recently, but there just hasn't been ample marketing of their products.

EL NINO
maybe in the lower class it is now difficult to fight the competition ..
White's hasn't made a "lower class" or "entry level" detector that was worth a hoot since they discontinued the Classic ID and IDX Pro. The MX-5 was more in a mid-range class and not in the budget group.

They mentioned knock-off copies from China, but let's not forget that they, themselves, had their XVenture model, coil and all, Made in China for them. Then then offered it for sale on e-bay, to be bought directly from White's, and most of their remaining Dealers I spoke with at first didn't know they were doing that and cutting their own Dealers out of the loop.

And in this modern era of high quality products coming out of high-class looking manufacturing facilities, White's aged facility in Sweet Home pales in comparison. I have seen the inside tours of Garrett Metal Detectors and XP Detectors and Nokta / Makro detection technologies and they are all modern and very clean and well organized looking. Not White's.

I've seen this coming for quite some time, and with many of their products having issues or needing to be replaced or repaired, to include all the breaking Pro Star Headphones that are Made in China, things haven't looked great out of Sweet Home for quite some time.

The Virus was a good excuse reason for many employees being unemployed for a while now, making it easier to use that as an excuse to close things up. If you own a company and you're getting old and well past typical retirement age, you sell the business or hand-it-down to family. If there isn't any family who wants it, just sell it. And if you've tried to sell it and there are no takers .... Well, shut things down.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Vanquish 540 / CoRe, Relic & Simplex + / Bandido II ┬ÁMAX & Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX / XLT / ORX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... Garrett MS-3 Z-Lynk
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2020 09:52PM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

Looks like White's maybe closing up

SvenS 118 June 18, 2020 03:55PM

Looks like White's maybe closing up sad smiley

UtahRich 86 June 18, 2020 05:31PM

Re: Looks like White's maybe closing up sad smiley

Albert 68 June 18, 2020 08:51PM

D&P-OR 74 June 18, 2020 05:53PM

EL NINO 63 June 19, 2020 07:16AM

My take on what I've seen coming and how things are today.

Monte 81 June 19, 2020 08:00PM

Re: My take on what I've seen coming and how things are today.

EL NINO 85 June 20, 2020 06:22AM

EL NINO, a very good post of views and opinions.thumbs up N/T

Monte 37 June 21, 2020 04:53AM

A sad day indeed

Ray(Ca) 70 June 18, 2020 07:31PM

Re: A sad day indeed

Harold,ILL. 61 June 19, 2020 06:09AM

The XLT. Certainly one of White's all-time best detectors.thumbs up N/T

Monte 44 June 19, 2020 08:02PM

WM6 65 June 19, 2020 12:04AM

D&P-OR 64 June 19, 2020 01:55AM

Nickname-- forum user ID. N/T

SvenS 66 June 19, 2020 02:31AM

Ah so---Thanks Sven---- N/T

D&P-OR 41 June 19, 2020 08:28PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018