Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I've bouht my share of troubled White's detectors, however ....

July 24, 2020 12:24AM avatar
If they had a build glitch, it was either obvious right out of the box or noted within the first 20 hours or less of use. I then got it taken care of at the factory (I was fortunate to live within a 2 hour drive and paid them many visits since '71.). Once it was properly serviced, seldom did I have it act up again. And once repaired, it was as good as most of the White's detectors that made it through production without a glitch ... it lasted virtually forever! Nothing to wear out so no need to 'toss it in the trash."

It is true, I have to say, that I have had quite a few new detectors that had problems and called for service, but I've used White's detectors since the summer of '68. It was the search coils that brought me more frustration, with some coils bad right out of the box, brand new, and others that needed to be opened and serviced ... a couple needed service more than once or twice. But the coils are easier to find and replace. A good-working detector, that is functioning well, generally continues to do so unless the owner abuses the device.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Daily Use: Apex -- Vanquish 540 -- Racer 2 & Simplex + -- Bandido II ┬ÁMAX & Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX -- MX-7
Specialty Use: CoRe -- Relic -- XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2020 05:23PM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

White's Service and Repair - For those with White's Detectors

UtahRich 168 June 24, 2020 05:43PM

Re: White's Service and Repair - For those with White's Detectors

Hombre 93 July 23, 2020 07:05PM

I've bouht my share of troubled White's detectors, however ....

Monte 94 July 24, 2020 12:24AM

jmaryt 82 July 23, 2020 08:27PM

Albert 89 July 20, 2020 03:11PM

Albert 77 July 20, 2020 04:38PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 40
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020