Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Congratulations on a very successful day afield.thumbs up

August 15, 2020 09:22AM avatar
It was kind of nice to see you putting that M6 to use again. You have me curious now about what chunk of Oregon High Desert you were working, and what type of 'resort' it was?

We have higher heat due today through the entire week so hopefully, if you get out again, you'll find a cooler spot or some shade. Might not be as productive as those multi silver-coin days don't happen nearly as often anymore.

I was just telling OregonGregg this that when I lived in the Portland metro area and we had those short but hot summer periods, I didn't care for the humidity. There were lots of coins including an ample supply of silver just working the parks and schools through the '70s, but by '78 and on through the '80s and early '90s and I took advantage of hitting the road to Mount Hood to work ski slopes, sledding and associated good spots.

Naturally the early part of that span of time was far more rewarding with silver coins. Especially when you could find the older rope–tow here is that used to charge fifty cents to get you to the top. Quite a few quarters along with a very good number of Walking Liberty halves. Some Franklin's in the mix but not many by comparison.

There were other 'resort' types of sites that have somehow vanished over the past 40 to 50 years with very little sign remaining. We just always have to be on the watch for them.

Again, congratulations, and your continued efforts seem to help keep the whites form alive.smiling smiley

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Fisher F5; Garrett Apex; Minelab Vanquish 540; Nokta / Makro FORS CoRe, FORS Relic & Simplex +;
Teknetics T2+; Tesoro Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX; White's XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2020 09:25AM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

Bounty hunter strikes again... Attachments

zincoln 121 August 14, 2020 10:07PM

Re: Bounty hunter strikes again...

OregonGregg 54 August 16, 2020 07:51PM

Bounty hunter strikes again...

UtahRich 53 August 16, 2020 09:10PM

jmaryt 57 August 16, 2020 06:42PM

He strikes again...

UtahRich 60 August 15, 2020 02:56PM

Congratulations on a very successful day afield.thumbs up

Monte 62 August 15, 2020 09:22AM

Timbertodd 53 August 15, 2020 08:21AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020