Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Personally, I think it should be ....

October 26, 2020 01:53PM avatar
Garrett and White's

mxt sniper
I am happy to see the Whites name continue under Garrett. I hope they keep these lines seperated. Would be nice to see them continue producing the MXT All Pro, GMX, 24K, M6, would be nice to see the new Whites bring Carl's invention, the half sine detector mfg soon. Its been in prototype at Whites for 5 yrs now since Carl left this project with them.

I wouldn't let the White's name continue because they had their chance to stay alive and in business. They had their chance to upgrade their facility to match Garrett and Minelab and Nokta / Makro, but they didn't. They had a chance to adjust their retail prices like other manufacturers have done in order to bring their product line in closer competition with their competitor's ... but they didn't. They have had a really terrible over-all product line for a long time with over-priced under-performers in the low-end group, and failed to really promote and compete with a lot of their better models.

For too many years toward the end they were revolving-door with engineers and CEO's rotating in and rotating out with no dedicated CEO for the last few years. And since Carl, who has been their engineer who has lasted very long or done anything of note?

I was pleased to see Garrett acquire the patents and important design information that might be useful to them, and that can keep others from buying White's and moving forward with it. Now all they need to do is make use of the engineerable information and proceed to make some new Garrett detectors. It's a tough enough industry as it is and I think they could just muddy things up for them by trying to revive and promote anything 'White's by name.

I do agree they ought to do something with the information to advance the V3i. I also feel the MX Sport / MX-7 could be retained in their current packaging, as well as the GMX / 24K. Then maybe repackage the M6 and MXT Pro and just give them a different name and perhaps enhance them just a bit .... Plus reduce the ridiculous prices White's had on them. Use the Garrett search coil designs and just wind them to be functional on the renamed Garrett product. Garrett's needed an overhaul anyway for a while, and with heir new Apex they could build a 'series' of its own and then merge the acquired designs.

Just my opinions now that Garrett is making some moves to step it up, and White's has slowly been dying, for quite some time now.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted, for the tasks I'll take on.
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive & ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. ML-80 .. N/M Green edition
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Whites=Garrett

SvenS 67 October 26, 2020 05:15AM

Re: Whites=Garrett

mxt sniper 52 October 26, 2020 12:04PM

Personally, I think it should be ....

Monte 62 October 26, 2020 01:53PM

Name Recognition

UtahRich 49 October 26, 2020 10:13PM

I'm now curious what you would have named Tesoro if you had won the lottery?thinking

Monte 46 October 27, 2020 12:10PM

A little Bassackwards . . . LOL

UtahRich 45 October 27, 2020 06:16PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

WM6
Guests: 58
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 632 on November 18, 2020