Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: XL Pro?

August 15, 2021 11:11PM
The back piece makes sense.

I have heard of the Blue Gray model. I did not realize it was on the 6000 Pro/ XL Pro platform. For some reason I was thinking it was a 5900 model.

Since I'm not in Civil War territory I never did get exposed to the relic finds that some target.

Come to think about it, there was some Union army activity taking place near here after the war, in the Indian Wars. Some people that were across the Columbia river from us were putting in vineyards 10 or so years ago and turned up a rifle from that era.

There is an area in the Umatilla National forest named Battle Mountain. I understand it could be automatic detector confiscation if it is seen outside of your vehicle.

I have heard there was an Army camp near the city of Umatilla, and a gold payroll shipment was lost during a river crossing approximately where the interstate bridges are today. If that's true it has to be under 50 feet of very swift river current, a foot or two of silt and who knows what else.

That reminds me of a story by an older co worker. He is gone now, but was a kid in the town of Umatilla just after the John Day dam went in and the town relocated. He told me one day he and his brother were out being kids along the river, and found some perfect flat rocks to skip on the water. Since neither had seen a rock like it before, they took one home to mom. She said it was a gold Double Eagle, and did they have any more?
I don't know whether or not its true, but it sure makes a good story!

I have read Wallula Junction was a bustling berg in the 1870's or earlier, more so than Umatilla or Pendleton even. Alas, that old townsite is about 20 feet underwater.

Arlington is another 1800's town that was razed and submerged. Blaylock was another mud puddle along the highway that is no more.

I see the old Umatilla townsite every day. It's surrounded by cyclone fencing with KEEP OUT PROPERTY OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT signs every 8 feet or so.

So, we are surrounded by close to Civil War era history around here. I just can't physically visit it!

EQ 800-6" COIL
ANFIBIO MULTI-7" COIL
MULTI KRUZER-7" COIL
RACER2-7" AND 5" COILS
XL PRO
CLASSIC IDX
UMATILLA COUNTY, OREGON
Subject Author Views Posted

XL Pro?

scottwyl 105 August 15, 2021 01:01PM

Not a different detector or a different meter. Just the little back piece display you could buy and install. N/T

Monte 83 August 15, 2021 07:30PM

Re: Not a different detector or a different meter. Just the little back piece display you could buy and install.

SvenS 74 August 17, 2021 04:35AM

Timbertodd 61 August 15, 2021 04:19PM

scottwyl 57 August 15, 2021 11:11PM

Scott, the 'Blue & Gray' models started out in the

Monte 64 August 16, 2021 06:07AM

Re: Scott, the 'Blue & Gray' models started out in the

scottwyl 68 August 16, 2021 11:16AM

Scott, you're still 'on topic' and bring up interesting points.

Monte 66 August 16, 2021 02:26PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021