Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Scott, the 'Blue & Gray' models started out in the

August 16, 2021 06:07AM avatar
older blue-box series. I had a 6000 Di Series 3 with that display-back in it. The Series 3 became the 5900 Di Pro when they changed over to the black housings and tried to un-confuse everyone with the number of '6000' series models. All of those old needle-meter displays used the sme back-plate ... either 'Normal' for Coin Hunting or the 'Relic' design.

Remember, too, that there was a lot of western migration before the Civil War, after the Civil War ... and DURING the Civil War. There were military Camps and military Forts 'Out West' during the big conflict. Not all old military sites like that are on government land, either. And after the CW a lot of military folks were relocated out to the western states / regions due to Indian conflicts and other purposes. Plus, when many got out of the army they still had some military attire and many of the old ghost towns I’ve hunted that date to 1867 to 1890 produced a lot of military uniform buttons, some insignia, and such.

By the way, I never really used the older White's with the 'Relic' related display. I lived 2+ hours from White's so I drove down for a visit and had it replaced with the 'mellow yellow' display used in the 5900 Di Po rather the 'colorful' display back use in the 6000 Di Pro. I preferred that one, and still do.

You're correct about so many old and smaller-size towns there were that ended up under the dammed-up Columbia River. One of the older towns that had some prominence was Umatilla. Going way back to the earliest days of the completed Trans-Continental Rail Road, there was a very 'busy' small town that was the freighting and stage junction for those who came by train, then wanted to head North or Northwest instead of take the RR to California. They had big posters to point their way mentioning two names to leave that Utah townsite. The stage banner read .... to Fort Boise or Boise, and then to Umatilla Junction where travelers could depart dusty land-travel and go by boat down the Columbia River to the cascades and then by land again to Portland. That site, today, is called Cascade Locks --- but there were no 'locks' back in those early times.

I took a look at your 'Signature' and saw three detectors that I would have around if I had room in my outfit:

EQ 800-6" COIL
ANFIBIO MULTI-7" COIL
MULTI KRUZER-7" COIL

I don't need waterproof, and of these the 7" Concentric coil is a fine choice for general-purpose use, especially Coin Hunting. Of them I would favor the Anfibio Multi for weight and balance and likely have only the 7" Concentric and 5" DD coils. But, I don't wade out anywhere and I have to be cautious on weight and balance. Also, due to my impaired hearing, I find some of the modern detectors do not have a 'pleasant' audio to listen to for very long.

RACER 2-7" AND 5" COILS
XL PRO
CLASSIC IDX

All three of these models have been very, very proven for me in a variety of hunt sites. There are only two search coils I would have a use for on the Race 2, and those are the two you show.thumbs up A contender to go up against the likes of the FORS CoRe and Relic in some challenging Relic Hunting sites with abundant Iron debris. I really enjoyed the XL Pro, keeping a 6½" Concentric mounted full-time, and a thin-profile 8" on a spare rod for more open area hunting. I never liked the 950. I'm still looking for a pristine condition XL Pro to appear on some classified site.

The Classic IDX, although I prefer the IDX Pro's decal that isn't shiny, is one that would also keep a 6½" Concentric coil mounted, and it would have Mr. Bill's modifications to make it fully versatile. All three models were put to a lot of use when I had them, and could out-perform a lot of what was on the market then, as well as today. Use them well and enjoy some success afield.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted, for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Bandido II µMAX .. Silver Sabre µMAX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk ..
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

XL Pro?

scottwyl 105 August 15, 2021 01:01PM

Not a different detector or a different meter. Just the little back piece display you could buy and install. N/T

Monte 83 August 15, 2021 07:30PM

Re: Not a different detector or a different meter. Just the little back piece display you could buy and install.

SvenS 74 August 17, 2021 04:35AM

Re: XL Pro?

Timbertodd 61 August 15, 2021 04:19PM

Re: XL Pro?

scottwyl 58 August 15, 2021 11:11PM

Scott, the 'Blue & Gray' models started out in the

Monte 64 August 16, 2021 06:07AM

Re: Scott, the 'Blue & Gray' models started out in the

scottwyl 68 August 16, 2021 11:16AM

Scott, you're still 'on topic' and bring up interesting points.

Monte 66 August 16, 2021 02:26PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021