Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Scott, you're still 'on topic' and bring up interesting points.

August 16, 2021 02:26PM avatar
The "Old Highway 30" route, somewhat absorbed by I-84 today, was a fun route to travel` when we journeyed from Ogden Utah to Portland Oregon and back, or the reverse route when we moved to Portland in '59, and made that journey during Spring Break and Summer vacation during the '50s nd very early '60s before the Interstate was constructed.

The "Old Hwy.30" coursed through a lot of small tons or communities tht were bypassed with the Interstate construction. Some of the things I remember were the 'pull-offs' along the old highway were folks would stop to get out and stretch, fix a lunch, get some water, or maybe add some water to their over-heating radiator. I have stopped at a few of those through the years when I enjoy 'driving the old route' that remains, and some were kind of productive. They also dated to an er we enjoyed before the coming of Ring-Pull Tabs.

Even many of the pheasant hunting trips my Dad and I made with my Grandpa Berry in '59 to '62 we could see the construction of the John Day Dam, but also travelled through the 'old' original Arlington as we had during the '50s. Get some old maps from the '40s and '50s and early '60s and look where a lot of the older roads used to be. Makes for a relaxing and interesting day-trip just to see what's out there and try to spot any potential places to search.

I agree, there isn't much difference between the audio and performance between the Multi-Kruzer and Anfibio Multi. However, I found the Anfibio to balance much better. The Equinox 800 isn't a bad detector, but tome it is more of an urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting unit and doesn't do as well in the very challenging old townsites I like to hunt where nails and other ferrous debris is so terribly annoying. I like it with the 6" DD coil, but for me and my wants and needs it fell short on performance compared with my two Tesoro's, CoRe, Relic and Apex devices.

And the post heading started out about the XL Pro so I'll conclude with my related comments.

The 6000 Pro XL, renamed the XL Pro, was, and is, by far one of the better detectors White's made in this past couple of decades. They work well, get very impressive detection depth, are very accurate in the VDI response, and they held up well. Most owners don't want to let them go, and for whatever reason, the buyer demand for a clean and impressive condition specimen has their a$king price up there. I know I don't need one, but I am still on the look-out for a really impressive, clean specimen.

Best of success on your next detecting trip outdoors.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted, for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Bandido II ┬ÁMAX .. Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk ..
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

XL Pro?

scottwyl 105 August 15, 2021 01:01PM

Not a different detector or a different meter. Just the little back piece display you could buy and install. N/T

Monte 83 August 15, 2021 07:30PM

Re: Not a different detector or a different meter. Just the little back piece display you could buy and install.

SvenS 74 August 17, 2021 04:35AM

Re: XL Pro?

Timbertodd 61 August 15, 2021 04:19PM

Re: XL Pro?

scottwyl 58 August 15, 2021 11:11PM

Scott, the 'Blue & Gray' models started out in the

Monte 65 August 16, 2021 06:07AM

Re: Scott, the 'Blue & Gray' models started out in the

scottwyl 68 August 16, 2021 11:16AM

Scott, you're still 'on topic' and bring up interesting points.

Monte 66 August 16, 2021 02:26PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021