Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Often a 'gut feeling' purchase turns out to be better than imagined.

February 12, 2018 01:19AM avatar
White's MX-5 is certainly a 'right pick' for many active detectorists. Versatile enough and in a light and handy design.

Hey, it never hurts to have a great 'back-up' device. I have two Nokta Relics with different coils mounted, and two Nokta CoRe devices also with different coils. That trend of 'Being Prepared' caries over to my White's line-up with a 6½" Concentric and 7" DD on my two MX-5's.

Oregon Gregg takes the meaning a step further. Not only does he have twins of some models in his ready-to-go group, but he has multiple duplicates of some models, new-in-the-box, taking up temporary residency under his bed. He wants to be prepared for any catastrophe such as having a detector getting broken, stolen or in need of service.

I mention this because Gregg has a choice condition, virtually brand new MX-5, in-the-box, listed for under $300! And that includes delivery in the lower 48 states and someone ought to snap that unit up hurriedly. Less than $50 more than a new low-end Tesoro Mojave retails for. It comes with the standard 9" open-frame DD, but I'm sure if anyone was interested in a 10" D2 DD coil he still has for sale, he could work that into the package as well.

Never hurts to have a clean new spare in the inventory.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

From my first factpry-produced detector in the summer of 1968, White's Detectors have had a presence.

Monte 346 January 06, 2018 07:52AM

Re: From my first factpry-produced detector in the summer of 1968, White's Detectors have had a presence.

slingshot 192 February 11, 2018 12:24AM

Often a 'gut feeling' purchase turns out to be better than imagined.

Monte 198 February 12, 2018 01:19AM

Re: Often a 'gut feeling' purchase turns out to be better than imagined.

slingshot 159 February 13, 2018 09:47PM

Hey slingshot, it's good to see you posting hereWhite's Electronics

Hombre 177 February 11, 2018 09:41PM

Re: Hey slingshot, it's good to see you posting hereWhite's Electronics

slingshot 186 February 12, 2018 11:49AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018