Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thumbs up for the MX-7, the 6½" Concentric coil, and the 'Bengal Orange' color.

January 08, 2018 08:18AM avatar
Kickindirt
Well it already sounds like a great machine. I really like the coil options, 6" concentric sounds like just like what the Dr ordered.
Yes, for me and what I want to use it for, the new MX-7 is a very good 'fit' in my detector battery. It was 'doable' with the 7" DD from Detech, but I'm not overly fond of using aftermarket search coils, especially when a detector maker ought to be designing their own coils to perform well. Having the 6½" Concentric coil is a definite plus-point for the MX-7 and MX Sport,

I'll likely grab this unit for often for urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting, but it is still workable for a lot of the older, iron infested Relic Hunting sites we like to hunt. It hits on 7-out-of-8 on my Nail Board Performance Test, which is adequate for most hunt sites, and if things get really dense and ugly I have my CoRe, Relic and Vaquero, but I still get to benefit from the detector's function design along with those provided by the nice Concentric coil.

Kickindirt
When i first saw the mx7 I thought Monte must have talked then into that color ha ha ha.grinning smileygrinning smiley
Well, I do have my two 'custom-colored' 'Edge Blue' Relic and a pair of 'Edge Red' CoRe models so the 'Bengal Orange' colored White's MX-7 was naturally going to catch my eye. cool smiley

I almost did my CoRe that color last year, but no, I didn't make the suggestion to White's. I am glad they made that color choice and I did get a little help taking it one step further as seen here:

[www.ahrps.org]

It looks much sharper with the middle rod powder coated the 'Bengal Orange' instead of the standard matte black and only having the upper-rod colored. Now I need to powder-coat the middle rod of my 2nd MX-7 so it looks good when I take it out hunting. smiling smiley

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

New mx7

Kickindirt 297 January 07, 2018 06:07AM

Evaluation of the new White's MX-7 is coming soon.

Monte 347 January 07, 2018 10:05AM

Re: Evaluation of the new White's MX-7 is coming soon.

Kickindirt 237 January 07, 2018 09:27PM

thumbs up for the MX-7, the 6½" Concentric coil, and the 'Bengal Orange' color.

Monte 324 January 08, 2018 08:18AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018