Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I am not sure who does the IDX Pro modifications.

February 09, 2018 10:08AM avatar
All of the Classic III SL, Classic ID and IDX pro units I had with the Threshold & Ground Balance modifications were done by 'Mr. Bill' Crabtree himself. Sad that he had to quit doing them. I have heard of some attempts people make, but their clip and re-solder talents are not quite up to spec and I have seen some units that didn't work well.

I heard that Keith Southern does the modifications, but I haven't checked with him about that, or know what the time element might be or the cost he charges to do it. You could track him down and send him an e-mail. He might only do the modifications for a charge, or he might have the schematics you are looking for to attempt it yourself.

A modified IDX Pro is another one of the better detectors to be around this past twenty years.

Good luck if you do the work yourself.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

IDX PRO gb modification

Rey Soldado 227 February 08, 2018 07:45PM

I am not sure who does the IDX Pro modifications.

Monte 177 February 09, 2018 10:08AM

Re: I am not sure who does the IDX Pro modifications.

Rey Soldado 171 February 09, 2018 03:33PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018