Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First silver of the year with the MX5

February 16, 2018 05:25PM
MX5 set up: 9 inch stock coil, Coin mode, 2 tone Audio, Sensitivity 8 bars, Threshold set to 'just' audible and Disc. All-Metal accept.

The temps were up in the 40's today here in south central Kansas, I was having a detecting jones real bad. I was playing around in my front yard earlier in the morning with Monte's nail board test, then after lunch I went to old church site. Most of the coins that come from here have been early 1900's Indian head pennies. There is a lot of iron in the ground because the church was torn down many decades ago.

...I found a 1911 barber dime about 6 inches deep on edge, the pinpoint was off and I found the dime in the side wall standing straight up. This ground is hard pan clay and very concrete like because we are in a serious drought. We have not had an appreciable rain in 3 months. I also found a 1903 Indian head penny about 30 feet away from the dime. All in all a very good day.

...The 2 tone audio is really nice in a place like this, not much aluminum and the high tones were either small brass items from the church building or horse tack and one cuff link and then the 2 coins.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2018 05:26PM by Hombre.
Subject Author Views Posted

First silver of the year with the MX5

Hombre 253 February 16, 2018 05:25PM

Re: First silver of the year with the MX5

slingshot 171 February 19, 2018 10:18PM

Way-to-go! Always good to get a 'first' for the yesr find.

Monte 151 February 17, 2018 07:54AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 33
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018